HP Proliant server N40L with Windows home server 2011 $249

One2go

no sh!.. err..

argh right as i just spent my tech budget for the month. that is a good deal.. that is a very good deal.

I just looked at this yesterday and it was full price. and almost one anyways.

excellent unRAID hardware plus the HP has just been certified for use with WHS2011. It would be a good whs2011 server for those that ~cough~ want to run WHS2011.

I know several people that wanted this very combo, including my dad for Christmas...

sold... one on order.

ps those trying to sell the WHS for $50... I have seen them new from stores for $15-$25 on sale. so don't expect to much for it.

That's a good deal.

neilt0,

You have a version of this HP mini server.  But yours has a 200w PSU.  Do you think that this one having a 150w PSU (This is what I read in a post anyway) is a problem for an UnRAID box like you built doing just what your doing Sab/Sickbeard and then streaming that contect to an HTPC?

That's a good deal.

neilt0,

You have a version of this HP mini server.  But yours has a 200w PSU.  Do you think that this one having a 150w PSU (This is what I read in a post anyway) is a problem for an UnRAID box like you built doing just what your doing Sab/Sickbeard and then streaming that contect to an HTPC?

No, mine has a 150W PSU. Answered in the other thread where you posted exactly the same question.

Well my card has been charged, additional 2Gig of memory for $17 from NewEgg and the beast is on its way. Got an email telling me because of loads of orders delivery will be a bit delayed.

I wanted this so that I can test the 5.beta versions and get some usage of my dormant 4 3TB Hitachi drives.

Neil0 I have followed your build closely and hopefully mine will turn out just as pleasing.

I presume that the OEM version of MS Windows Home server is on the 250Gig HD or is there optical media for installing this server. Since I only use this for serving Media content what can one use this WHS 2011 for?

Any chance if Tom will offer a Black Friday deal on the Plus Version of UnRaid?

Well my card has been charged, additional 2Gig of memory for $17 from NewEgg and the beast is on its way. Got an email telling me because of loads of orders delivery will be a bit delayed.

I wanted this so that I can test the 5.beta versions and get some usage of my dormant 4 3TB Hitachi drives.

Neil0 I have followed your build closely and hopefully mine will turn out just as pleasing.

I presume that the OEM version of MS Windows Home server is on the 250Gig HD or is there optical media for installing this server. Since I only use this for serving Media content what can one use this WHS 2011 for?

Any chance if Tom will offer a Black Friday deal on the Plus Version of UnRaid?

Cool. I was charged also but i did not get the delayed shipping email. i didn't expect it to hit ups until Monday anyways..

the WHS2011 is a white box 2 DVD set with a license sticker to affix to the outside of your server.

I am almost tempted to offer $20 paypal for one of those stickers sent out US post..

My license on my ESXi is my MSDN key, It would be nice to switch it to retail.

This came along with the order confirmation email:

Thank you for shopping at Newegg.com. Due to increased volume during the Holiday Season it is possible that your order may take slightly longer than usual for processing. Our normal time frame for processing is 24-48 hours. If you have not received a shipping confirmation e-mail within 48 hours, you may contact our Customer Service Department for assistance. We thank you and appreciate your patience.

Deal is back ON as Shell Shocker.

Just a questions to the people that received theirs - the part number in the invoice ends with "R" - in the Newegg tradition this is re-certified, refurbished, returned unit.

Did you get a brand new ones???

I received mine yesterday and judging from the packaging and its content, it looks to be brand new, no signs whatsoever that it had been with someone else before.