Unraid showing "Starting Services...."

Go to solution Solved by eddy_4now,

Hello folks, I am currently on Unraid v6.12.8 and I've been having issues with Unraid lately. 

One is that it alw ays shows the starting services in the bottom and whenever I am trying to access shares through file explorer, my server keeps unstable (it comes and goes). Two, I try to modify the docker settings but when I try switch the Enable Docker to "NO", it doesn't change the settings, it keeps on yes. Same with the VM manager. Lastly, any of my plugins want to update, it throws an error (picture bellow) and won't update, this is for the Fix common Problems plugin. And before suggesting updating to the new version of Unraid, well that is also the problem that it does not want to update, and it throws an error. 

I am leaving some pictures, so you have an idea of the errors I am having.

Any help, I'd be much appreciated.

Screenshot 2024-04-04 190319.png

Screenshot 2024-04-04 190346.png

Screenshot 2024-04-04 191909.png

I'm getting the same issue.
I'm on 6.12.10.

I noticed this issue when I tried to create a new Share - which I am unable to do.
If I start the Mover it goes away, but I'm still unable to create a new share.

tower-diagnostics-20240406-0706.zip

Edit: Somewhat bizarrely, I created a folder at /mnt/user level from Krusader, and the error immediately went away. I was then able to permission it through Unraid Shares GUI without the 'Starting Services' notification

Edited by elmuziko
Added more info
On 4/5/2024 at 1:21 AM, eddy_4now said:

I try to modify the docker settings but when I try switch the Enable Docker to "NO", it doesn't change the settings,

Possibly related to this error:

Apr  4 16:09:08 HOMESERVER nginx: 2024/04/04 16:09:08 [error] 9756#9756: *4405 FastCGI sent in stderr: "Primary script unknown" while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.1.20, server: , request: "POST /plugins/dynamix.my.servers/include/unraid-api.php HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.sock:", host: "192.168.1.19", referrer: "http://192.168.1.19/Docker"

But not sure what's causing it, try booting in safe mode.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution

So, after several weeks of trying to find the problem, all it was a USB flash drive malfunction, somehow it got to the point where the flash drive only stayed in "read-only" and thats why unraid could not write any of the updates to the boot device. I changed to another flash drive (it took me a hell of work because I did it the hard way) and now my unraid is working find and updates are back for the OS and plugins. 

Thanks for the replies!

• Like 1