Antec Nine Hundred Two V3 - $70 shipped after MIR

Rajahal

I have the antec 300 and I dont like either of these - you have 6 internal drive bays that are spaced too far apart- you have more than enough cooling without front fans unless you are in a hot environment.  The Xigmatek has all 5.25 in bays so you can purchase 3 5 into 3 drive bays (hot swappable or not) and the case holds 15.  With the 300 and 900, you can hold only 11.

Otherwise the antecs are nice.  My desktop rig is a 100 and although it's way too big ( I only have two hard drives and a dvd), it is attractive and well designed.  cool and quiet.

Raj,

Do you prefer this over the Xigmatek Utgard Mesh CPC-T90DB-U03 Black Steel you suggest in your builds here?

I've never actually used the Xigmatek Utgard (it is on my to-do list!), so I can't really comment.  However, I've used the Antec 902 extensively and it is one of my favorite cases.  The construction and quality are top notch, and I think it looks pretty cool too.  My only complaint is that it can be difficult to keep the small recesses in the top free of dust.  They are a handy place to store extra flash drives and screws, though.

I have the antec 300 and I dont like either of these - you have 6 internal drive bays that are spaced too far apart- you have more than enough cooling without front fans unless you are in a hot environment.  The Xigmatek has all 5.25 in bays so you can purchase 3 5 into 3 drive bays (hot swappable or not) and the case holds 15.  With the 300 and 900, you can hold only 11.

Otherwise the antecs are nice.  My desktop rig is a 100 and although it's way too big ( I only have two hard drives and a dvd), it is attractive and well designed.  cool and quiet.

I think you may be mixing up this case with another, the Antec 902 can hold up to 15 drives, not 11.  The 902 is different from the 900, albeit not by much.  I agree that the 300 isn't the best case as it forces you to use a lot of internal drives.  The 900 has no such restriction.  I use it for anything from a 9 drive server up to a 15 drive server (check out the Greenleaf Photos page for some examples).  You have to flatten the tabs separating the 5.25" bays in order to accommodate 5-in-3 cages.  This is true of any case, not just Antec cases.