[CLOSE] WD20EARX x2 - $99.99 + Shipping + Fees (each)

Alright, short and sweet here's the deal.

I have access to a retail place still selling (or were) the WDBAAY0020HNC-NRSN for $99.99

What you get when you open these anymore are either the WD20EARS or WD20EARX --- both of which seem to work just fine with 4.7+, the WD20EARX have to be jumpered with anything below 4.7 (if I understand things correctly, though I cannot say for certain as I didn't start using Unraid until 4.7 so there you go).

I bought six, four of which were WD20EARS and two were WD20EARX.  I have WD20EARX in my system and they work just fine.  Since I didn't know what I was getting until I opened the retail box (the drives I'm offering are still in their anti-static bag uncut/unopened), I decided I was going to go with the majority, the WD20EARS have it, 4 of the 6 were that model.  So, the WD20EARX are up for grabs.

I realize it's not the pre-flood pricing, but, they may still very well be a "deal" for someone, if not, I'll return them (there is no restocking fee I would have to pay -- but I want to try to offer them up here incase someone could use them, but I do have only two days to return them).  In short, this is a 24 hour offer, so that if they aren't needed by someone here I can still return them.

$99.99 + shipping + PayPal fees (for each drive, obviously if you buy both it wont be double shipping but it will be a little more than 1 drive of course).  I make NO guarantees with these drives other than they were not kicked around and are brand new, retail boxed WD drives.  We all know (or should) WD's failure rates.  These drive could be good to go for months/years or they could crap out after a week, two or a month, a year from now.  Who knows.  But they do carry the typical 3 year warranty.

Choice is of course yours, again, if no one needs them I'll return them.  I'm not trying to profit off of them, nor am I trying to lose money, thus the paypal fee coverage, etc.

If there is something you want to know about them beyond what I have written, reply here ASAP (no PM's, especially as the question/answer may benefit others).

Sometimes I forget we have international members.  Nothing against them personally what-so-ever, though, I've never shipped outside the US and would still rather not. :/

Available for a few more hours, I suppose the 24 hour was a bit inaccurate, as I would have to return them before the retail store closes tonight.

I know it's not a huge deal and many may just wait for the prices to fall back to where they were, but, for those needing the green drives now, from what I can tell these are still some of the best prices around (if not please tell me where so I can grab a few hehe).

No worries, sounds Aussie but Dutch instead, can imagine that you do not want to ship abroad. Was worth the try though. Even with shipping it would probably be cheaper thatn in Holland. Just guess it would not cost 86 dollars to send it abroad I reckon, (had something shipped by USPS flat rate small box, the box can accommodate weight up to 4lbs (around 1.7kg)

http://ircalc.usps.gov/MailServices.aspx?country=10298&m=13&p=0&o=1&mt=13 willing to pay the extra 30 dollars if you are willing to send it anyway see link, insured and all.

Anyway thanks for your reply.

Was in the process of building my first unraid server but the steep prices are putting things on hold so was looking for deals like this. We can also pay with paypal here, seems quite safe.

Curious now where you bought it, if they have a website and if they consider sending it abroad. Still is  a damn good deal if you ask me. Maybe you could check.

Best wishes, already for the holiday season.

Jan-Paul Majoor

Shipping abroad isn't such an issue these days.

You fill out some forms online at usps.com, they are printed and you drop it off at the post office.

It's pretty easy.

Point is, you have to pack it well, then if it gets lost for some reason, you have to deal with paypal and usps insurance.

never claim anything for less then what it's worth.

Always keep all paper work, including the receipt of what you paid for the item.

Any insurance claim requires original receipts. you get paid what you paid for said items and "SOMETIMES" for the original shipping. (i.e. I've never gotten my original shipping back on domestic loss, but I have gotten it back on International loss).

If someone is paying you by paypal,  The paypal transaction is in the buyers favor until it says "delivered".

Therefore as a seller, you must pay for insurance or you could possibly be out the item cost and shipping.

Any shipped item must have some form of tracking and/or signature.

Many people believe the buyer is responsible for insurance, but if the package gets lost, paypal will refund the buyer without a fight unless it says "delivered".

So insurance protects the seller as the shipper. It protects the buyer against damage. International claims against damages can be difficult to deal with.  Loss is easy if tracking shows something stopped in transit.

This is not to say anyone is dishonest or deceitful, just that you need to protect the transaction when doing international shipping.

Especially around Christmas time. I shipped a lava lamp internationally around this time last year. it disappeared and it took months to recoup my costs. It only took days for paypal to refund the buyer.

Never claim the cost of an item for less then what you're investment is no matter what anyone asks you to do.

There is a certain minimum liability that USPS will assume without insurance, but chances are this would not cover the amount of the investment. If you claim  an item for less then what it costs, USPS will only give you back what you claimed, no matter what.

other then that 1 bad experience, I've had pretty good experiences with shipping internationally.