0.4 update 3.0.5 plus bug fixes

0.5 update 3.0.6.1

0.6 Bug Fix

0.7 update 3.0.7.1

Download:

TeamsSpeak3 Server Plugin

Description:

First Installation:

The Plugin downloads the installation file (ca. 4.2 MB) from the TeamSpeak3 homepage to /boot/packages. (Only on the first install)

The binaries are put to /usr/local/ts3server. But you can change this in the web interface if you like.

The default location for the Database Backup is set to /boot/config/plugins/ts3server.

Installation:

put the *.plg file in the /boot/config/plugins/ directory.

make a reboot or "installplg /boot/config/plugins/ts3server_3.0.7.1_x86-warlock.plg"

Change some things to your needs via web interface.

enable it.

Ready to go...

Configurations/Usage:

"Install Directory" is the directory were the binaries are extracted to, if you enable it and then change it it we move to the new location but the old location stays so pls clean up.

"Database Backup Directory" this is were it will make a copy of the DB files. during any stop or start the plugin will try and update from the newest version.

"Run as User:" for now only as root as I didn't manage to get it to run as anyone else, so grey out for now

NOTE:

On first use the plugin reads the log files for the privileged token, if your "Install Directory" is in RAM then once you reboot the logs are deleted and token removed

If you want a fresh server install delete the ts3server.sqlitedb from your install directory and "Database Backup Directory"

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Warlock,

I had been hoping someone would make a plugin for this server

I am using  Unraid 5 build 12A and it works great...

I just dropped the plugin as you indicated / rebooted - to make a clean start enable it , copied the token to the client - and Bingo... worked fine

Nice touch on putting the token in the teamspeak3 setup area.

I have not rebooted to see if settings will stay after a reboot but expect it should

Thanks very much for another excellent Plugin!!

Joe

You are welcome,

1 issue I have picked up so far, if you reboot with out shutting down the TeamSpeak server settings are lost, or at least setting from the last clean shutdown, This is if you store your install to RAM. The plugin should when the array is stop backup the DB to the Flash or every time to enable/disable the TS3 Server.

Warlock,

If I understand correctly,

Initially, enable the server and run the client with the new token.

Then add users and other settings etc from the client, then disable the server and then re-enable the server, as this will force it to save its current settings.  This method ensures you do get a current settings saving.

Normally, it should  save the settings whenever the Array is stop /started - such as during a shutdown.

Thanks

Joe

Joe that's correct,

if you make changes and the reboot the server without a proper shutdown you'll lose and settings you made since your last shutdown or since your last disable re-enable.

every time you disable the server it backs up your db, and every time you enable the server if restores you backup. In both cases it will only backup and restore if the version it's restoring is newer.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

First, awesome plugin!

Ok so now, a few things for the people like me who don't know jack about Linux/unRAID/SQL:

"Database Backup Directory" this is were it will make a copy of the DB files. during any stop or start the plugin will try and update from the newest version.

NOTE:

On first use the plugin reads the log files for the privileged token, if your "Install Directory" is in RAM then once you reboot the logs are deleted and token removed

If you want a fresh server install delete the ts3server.sqlitedb from your install directory and "Database Backup Directory"

While yes, the logs are deleted from RAM, you were nice enough to create automated backups for us. This backup keeps not only the the token created, but also the serveradmin/pwd, and the server port.

You can use SQLite Database Browser to view and edit these fields in the backup, this way if you didn't know about screen like me, you dont have to completely remake your server to get the token and password once they are deleted from RAM. I also used the backup to permanently change the server port since the default 9987 was being blocked, probably from my ISP.

The process is to start the server, then stop it, open SQLite, navigate to the backup on your flashdrive, and open the backup database. The second tab in SQLite gives you a convenient dropdown to get to the specific sections we want, tokens, and clients. The first has the token that was created (duh) and the second will show you the serveradmin client already created and the password right next to it. Da-daa! Enjoy!

http://sqlitebrowser.sourceforge.net/

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey WARLOCK!

I have been using your plugin for about aq week now and it works very nice. It took some time to figure out that it only starts, when I start the array but that is okay. The only problem I have: When I stop the array, teamspeak is supposed to store all data in the Database Backup Directory (/boot/config/plugins/ts3server) and then pick it back up when it is installed on boot and started. But it does not! Everytime I boot up the server I have a fresh 'installation' of teamspeak and have to type in the Admin token again... Any idea about this?

In short - yes. I don't often restart my unraid server (can go a couple of months without) but I've never had a problem with the TS. When the TS server comes back up all the rooms are there with the correct permissions. Having said that I lost my admin token ages back so just enter the server as a user and let it run.

EDIT: Thought I should mention that I run some of my apps (inc TS) on a second flash drive that is mounted outside the array.

So here's a question, can I recreate the admin token without having to reinstall the server?

Sorry been away,

For the token I don't know, but I am sure if you goto the TeamSpeak Forums there will be an answer, I should really though back up the log file this way we'll never loose it.

As for the Database been backed up, make sure which ever user you are using to run TeamSpeak it has access the the database backup directory, I have not yet encounter a problem with this.

Didn't you say that teamspeak can only be run as root? I cannot change the user field...

edit: OK, I know what the problem is now: The database is not storred when teamspeak is stoped together with the array. BUT: When I select Enable - No and the script stops the server it is storred correctly....

• 2 months later...

Scratch that last request,

downloaded an older version and updated via the browser.

Now i'm all new to this....Once I have it installed and running how do I connect to configure it and get it running for other users who want to jump on?? I tried connection to the IP address that its hosted on from my other machine on the network but it doesn't connect.

• 2 months later...

I also got an error with your latest plg file. There seems to be something wrong with the database image. I attached a picture of what happens at system start.

The web interface says teamspeak is running but i cannot connect. I even deleted the settings and tried to reinstall but it wont give me the token, cant read the log file or something...

edit: on a sidenote: unraid tries to save log and database on array stop, even if the plugin is disabled.

IMG_0902.JPG.9c238d41156443698816cfcc0ce02b08.JPG