Server started hanging during parity check, now crashing consistently.

Go to solution Solved by tictoc,

A few days a ago my Unraid server hung during a parity check. This wasn't scheduled so I assume it was after a crash. The system continued to hang each time it attempted to run a parity check. I removed the parity disks and started in maintenance mode and ran check disks but the server crashed and rebooted.

I tried starting all docker containers and the system hung.

I suspected the PSU given it was only happening during high load and it was over 10 years old so swapped that out and removed all sata splitters from the build. Still crashed/hung.

Then during a couple of boots the boot sequence hung so I tried a new USB port with no luck. Checked the drive on my windows system and it found and repaired errors but Unraid still crashed. Tried a new USB drive restored from a backup. Crashed.

Booting into safe mode failed the first time then crashed during a disk check.

I've tried booting with UEFI and BIOS. System is Ryzen and is configured per FAQ. I also tried disabling global C-states with no luck.

Currently running memtest but has passed twice so far.

System has been up and running for a few months now. Last change was a bios update from ASUS a couple of weeks ago and the update to Unraid 6.12.10.

System details : AMD 2700x | ASUS x470-F | 32gb RAM | Nvidia GTX1070 | 9211-8i controller card | 7x 4TB HDD (dual parity) | 2x 500GB SSD | 2x 500GB NVMe | Corsair RM850x | Intel Dual port ethernet card

I am new to Unraid and this is the first issue I've had so I think my troubleshooting has been a bit haphazard so any help is appreciated! Anyone have any thoughts on what might be going on?

Syslogs are from the last couple of crashes / system hangs.

syslog-previous-20140425-0831.zip syslog-20240425-0835.zip unraidserver-diagnostics-20240425-0824.zip