Corrupted system while migrating from reiserfs to new drive

I would like to request for advise on how to go about recovering my data.  
I have a very old system that was running on reiserfs which I have decided to migrate recently.

I added 2 new drives which are now formatted as xfs.  But somehow during moving from disk2 (2TB) to disk4 (4TB) (using MC), there was a problem and got errors.  Stopped the server and reseated the cables and cleaned the memory as well and seem to have copied everything.  
Next was moving disk1 to disk4.  I left it alone but when I got back, it appears that disk4 got filled up while disk1 seems to have failed.  Tried to replace the disk1 with a temporary 3TB and let it rebuild the parity.  But when I checked on it, the read-check was paused. I restarted the read-check and left it.  When I got back to check, the disk1 was again disabled. 
I can access some share over windows but some I can mount but the drive appears empty.   I can see the files and folders when logged in via ssh and view  /mnt/diskx but some folders I cannot change into while some files have ? in their name and are 0 sizes.  

image.png.98ebc41c4501e55125b4cffb1bf28a0d.png

When I try to download the diagnostics, it starts to create the zip but then the window just closes without prompting to download the file. I was able to get the file direct from the usb instead. 

Thank you.

tower-diagnostics-20240427-1314.zip

Posted (edited)

We replaced the motherboard and disk2 appears to be working fine and though Disk1 is disabled and running emulated, it appears to be accessible and we have started to move the files from Disk1 to Disk5.  <fingers crossed>

Edited by trumpets
Posted (edited)

Update:  After moving some of the directories and files, the move aborted with a read failed error.  😞
Checking on the directories shows files with  ?xxxx filenames and not viewable (blank) from the shared folders on windows.

Also, noticed that there is 1 Unassigned Disk Drive showing as sdh  which has the same serial number as Disk2 but tagged as sdg

tower-diagnostics-20240429-1723.zip

Disk2 is currently empty so it should be ok to be removed which was the original intent anyway.  

Edited by trumpets

Disk2 is still generating ATA errors, and not even giving a valid SMART report, looks to me like it's failing, and since you already have another disk disabled you will likely have some data loss, you can try using ddrescue on disk2 to try and clone it to a spare, if that works there's then a chance to recover disk1