Can't Connect After New Modem/Router

Go to solution Solved by Argusius,

I've recently moved to a new home and with that I got a new netgear modem/router combo. Recently, after most of the move had shook out, I attempted to setup my ole reliable unraid server. Unfortunately, I was unable to connect to it. I had forgot I had set a static IP for it in the unraid gui. After reading some things online I saw that many people had success with deleting the network config file, so I did this but to no success. I'm curious where to move forward from here.
Facts:

1.  Router sees the unraid server and assigns it an IP. 

2.  Attempt to assign static ip via the router doesn't change the fact that I cannot access the gui.

3.  Attempting to connect via ip is unsuccessful (https and http)

4.  I can ping the unraid server all day.

Edited by Argusius

Hook up a monitor and Keyboard to your server. 

When the Server is booting, you will see a boot menu.   Choose the "unRAID OS GUI Mode".  It should boot up with the normal GUI on the attached monitor.  You can now change from a Static IP address to get an IP address from the router's  DCHP process .  Reboot the server.  

9 hours ago, Frank1940 said:

Hook up a monitor and Keyboard to your server. 

When the Server is booting, you will see a boot menu.   Choose the "unRAID OS GUI Mode".  It should boot up with the normal GUI on the attached monitor.  You can now change from a Static IP address to get an IP address from the router's  DCHP process .  Reboot the server.  

I tried that, but when i attempt to do so the screen hangs with a blinking _ in the top left.

7 hours ago, Argusius said:

I tried that, but when i attempt to do so the screen hangs with a blinking _ in the top left.

If you boot in non-gui mode do you get a login prompt?   If so you could try logging in and issuing the 'diagnostics' command which will write the diagnostics zip file to the logs folder on the flash drive which you could then post here to see if we can spot anything.

Does your unraid server use a static ip or DCHP?  If you use static is possible the new router has already assigned the ip your server used if you have not reserved it.  If you look in attached device on your router is the IP only assigned once?

1 minute ago, Argusius said:

You supposed the flash drive is corrupted then?

No idea - just that you were getting an input/output error.   It could be the flash drive starting to fail or that it has dropped offline for some reason.   It would do no harm to plug it into a PC/Mac and check that you can read and write to it successfully.

1 minute ago, itimpi said:

No idea - just that you were getting an input/output error.   It could be the flash drive starting to fail or that it has dropped offline for some reason.   It would do no harm to plug it into a PC/Mac and check that you can read and write to it successfully.

I've been able to read/write to it without issue on both my Mint and Windows computers. :/

• Solution
Posted (edited)

Alright, after a weeks of frustration I just wiped the USB and reinstalled unraid onto it while loading some key config files I wanted and using Appdata Backup. Case closed. I appreciate everyone's assistance in this matter.

Edited by Argusius