UNRAID no longer boots from USB Drive

Go to solution Solved by D34dM0uth,

My UNRAID server has stopped booting from the USB Drive. When I startup the server, it boots immediately into BIOS. Inside the BIOS I can see All my HDD, SSDs, and the USB that contains UNRAID, but nothing is showing up as bootable. Any assistance with this matter would be greatly appreciated.

I've been having lots of USB issues since I upgraded my hardware and I'm just now realizing there has been a longstanding issue with Ryzen and USB. I'm starting to wonder how many USB issues on this forum are related to that.

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, D34dM0uth said:

The issue was a corrupted usb drive. It had nothing to do with boot settings. Correction was uninstalling UNRAID and installing TrueNAS. No more problem.

Glad you found a solution. 

Different linux OS exist with their pros and cons.

In my experience and work with Truenas / system x they have a great web ui interface for zfs datasets and vdevs. Turenas while can do dockers and other services was a constant fight and nothing more. If using truenas i highly recommend using true charts! https://truecharts.org/scale/#:~:text=and Cert-Manager-,Adding TrueCharts,-Go to the

Truenas scale has a os upgrade problem so good luck my lst testing with them was blufin when they decided to rewrite and brek more with the "operators"...

I have found Unraid to still be the docker king, truenas is king with its web interface for samba/nfs file sharing and proper zfs datasets for vdevs and then proxmox as a hyper V for VM technologies!

I ran a thread ripper with gpu pass though had truenas and unraid Virtualized for testing at one time... 
So a single box host running proxmox with 2 HBA with 2 Separate groups of disk for each os would be my recommendation to get the best of each world.