moving key to a new USB device

Go to solution Solved by itimpi,

I have my new unraid server up and running after my other one died and my usb key went missing.  Unfortunately when I get to the replace key (where it will blacklist my old usb) I get the following error:  Error: {"message":"Request failed with status code 403","data":{"error":"GUID 'XXXXXXXXXX' is already registered to another user"}}

I've opened a support ticket but I thought I would post here in case this is something that is known and fixable outside of waiting for support to answer.

Thank you

2 minutes ago, Nnyan said:

Error: {"message":"Request failed with status code 403","data":{"error":"GUID 'XXXXXXXXXX' is already registered to another user"}}

That suggest that either you have tried to use this USB device before or it does not have a unique GUID.  If the latter then you need to use a different USB device.  Failing that you need to wait until your contact support request gets answered.

• Solution
10 hours ago, Nnyan said:

Just bought the usb key specifically for this purpose so it’s brand new.  I’ll just wait for support.

OK.

Worth pointing out that not all flash drives DO have a unique GUID (which is a requirement for Unraid).  This is particularly the case if the drive is a 'fake' or one of the very low cost brands.   It tends to be obvious when looking at the GUI as it contains sections that are all zeroes or something like 12345678.

ok , that's a great point.  I purchased a Kingston Digital FCR-ML3C MobileLite Duo 3C with a SanDisk MAX Endurance 32GB TF Card (based on some feedback that this would get the GUID from the reader and make it easy to replace the SD card if it goes bad).  Based on your post I did find this:  

So I'm going to go with the fact that this reader just doesn't have an unique GUID (thank you for pointing me in the right direction).  The SDCARD did come with a really cheap (EBS) white reader that I didn't want to use b/c it seemed so flimsy.  Not sure if installing this the manual way will help with the Kingston reader but I'm willing to give it a go.