Folder's Disappearing within a Shared Folder

Over the past 2 days or so I have been moving photos and videos off of my iPhone onto my server.    At first I couldn't find a folder I was sure I had created, but thought I must have misremembered.  Now today there are definitely a few folders that I created that I can no longer find.  

I have all of my shared folders as Mapped Network Drives on my Windows PC.  I was downloading the photos from my iPhone onto a directory in my Pictures folder.  I was then creating folders in the Mapped Network Drive named Photos on my Windows PC (Corresponding to a share on my Unraid server named Photos).  I would then cut and paste the photos from my Pictures folder to the appropriate folder within the Mapped Network Folder.

Now I'm noticing some, but not all, of the folders I created are no longer there.  I thought maybe I accidentally moved them, but I've looked all over the PC and UnRaid and can't find them.   I thought maybe they went to the cache, but I don't have cache linked with these folders

Thankfully I haven't deleted any of the photos so I can go back and go through all the photos again to see which ones are missing. 

I'd like to figure out what went wrong here so it doesn't happen again.  Where can I look to find out what happened to my disappearing folders

I went through today and all of the folders I created in the shared directory named "Photos" seemed to disappear.   After the restart yesterday they seem to be working properly.   I went through the same process again today and all the folders are showing up in the mapped directory within windows and also locally in UnRaid.    

What's strange is I also put video files into a share directory named "Videos" and there was no disappearance there.