rebuilding drive

Yo, quick one, so messing around with parity a bit, trying to rebuild a disk from parity. hot pull old one handeled it nicely and emulated as expected without any issues.

so got a new bigger disk and trying to rebuild it into old drive. looked over docs but seems a bit confusing, so it says it doesnt format, but then old disk is seemingly still in old filesystem? will rebuild fix itself or do I need to run something like

reiserfsck --fix-fixable /dev/md1

old fs should be luks at least unassigned plugin says so, atm contents are still emulated and its doing a rebuild but says its complaining about file system. I assume i want to let it finish rebuild either way but do I then need to try and change fs to xfs?

image.thumb.png.84b7b2b4ee9a2c763ede317106164046.pngimage.thumb.png.c74cdb24e97b1071779a34cd85958f0a.png

Posted (edited)

ye that's just what unassigned plugin showed it as under file system.

for whatever reason it paused rebuild after 4tb, resuming it again. diags attached.

Edited by Mizerka

ignore last one, still wasnt having it, xfs repair said superblock was missing, so it was fubar imo. ended up putting array down and into emulated disk1, added disk back in, cancelled data sync, this time formatted from gui, and it created new xfs-e that mounted fine and just running sync again,