Unassigned Device after old Backup restored & No docker containers

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Hi,

sadly my USB-Stick got corrupted somehow. The unraid server crashed and when I tried to reboot it it wouldnt start. I checked the usb and could not read it anymore. Therefore I looked for an backup and only found one from Dez 2023. After reformatting and unzipping the backup my unraid server started again just fine. My array is now missing one device, this device is in the unassigned devices list.

The reason is that I added that drive after the last backup..

image.thumb.png.5c4678a670c4cc98cb0ae6d984c3f915.png

I know want to mount the drive back into the array, but it shows me "All existing data on this device will be OVERWRITTEN when array is Started"

image.thumb.png.d0975d3228f18ac9b28146eb53a75300.png

And now I am scared that this will rewrite the partition table and therefore I will "lose" the data.

Also my Parity would be wrong with those 2 drives, because it contains the parity information of all 3 drives...

How can I remount/readd this drive without any complications or corruption of the parity disk?

---

Additionally I also have no more Docker containers..

image.thumb.png.e8f15fa94ecf70dfa1ce2d2f2d27818d.png

• Solution

You can do a new config: Tools - New config - Preserve all

Then assign disk3 and check "parity is already valid" before array start, still a good idea to run a parity check after, and if you started the array without disk3 there will be some sync errors.

13 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

You can do a new config: Tools - New config - Preserve all

Then assign disk3 and check "parity is already valid" before array start, still a good idea to run a parity check after, and if you started the array without disk3 there will be some sync errors.

Nice, that worked. Thanks! I am running an Parity-Check, that may take some time probaby until tomorrow.

Do you know what I can do in regards of the missing docker containers? I foudn this: 

1 hour ago, JorgeB said:

If you have the appdata and the user-templates folder you can recreate the docker image:

https://docs.unraid.net/unraid-os/manual/docker-management/#re-create-the-docker-image-file

Also see below if you have any custom docker networks:

https://docs.unraid.net/unraid-os/manual/docker-management/#docker-custom-networks

Thanks, sadly I am forced to upgrade UNRAID before I can use the Community Applications Store to reinstall them...

Will upgrade after the partition-check, but I think this will work fine. I already reacreated the docker.img this way, thank you :)