52 day parity check

Posted (edited)

What does this mean?  "run it without -n, and if it asks for -L use it."

Setup is experimental at the moment, a disk might have taken a knock, I have re-seated it all now. Tried to rebuild but it wanted to take 52 days to complete the check?

Edited by Napoleon
41 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

What does this mean?

See the link for how to check it and use those options, i.e., without -n first.

42 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Tried to rebuild but it wanted to take 52 days to complete the check?

Is this a new try? If not it suggests there's still a problem, you can post new diags.

Thanks. Parity finished, now trying to get the disk going again.

It says to mount the file system, but when I do it says unmountable?

Phase 1 - find and verify superblock... bad primary superblock - bad CRC in superblock !!! attempting to find secondary superblock... .found candidate secondary superblock... verified secondary superblock... writing modified primary superblock sb root inode value 18446744073709551615 (NULLFSINO) inconsistent with calculated value 128 resetting superblock root inode pointer to 128 sb realtime bitmap inode value 18446744073709551615 (NULLFSINO) inconsistent with calculated value 129 resetting superblock realtime bitmap inode pointer to 129 sb realtime summary inode value 18446744073709551615 (NULLFSINO) inconsistent with calculated value 130 resetting superblock realtime summary inode pointer to 130 Phase 2 - using internal log - zero log... ERROR: The filesystem has valuable metadata changes in a log which needs to be replayed. Mount the filesystem to replay the log, and unmount it before re-running xfs_repair. If you are unable to mount the filesystem, then use the -L option to destroy the log and attempt a repair. Note that destroying the log may cause corruption -- please attempt a mount of the filesystem before doing this.

Posted (edited)

Thanks, what do I chose?

Usage: xfs_repair [options] device Options: -f The device is a file -L Force log zeroing. Do this as a last resort. -l logdev Specifies the device where the external log resides. -m maxmem Maximum amount of memory to be used in megabytes. -n No modify mode, just checks the filesystem for damage. (Cannot be used together with -e.) -P Disables prefetching. -r rtdev Specifies the device where the realtime section resides. -v Verbose output. -c subopts Change filesystem parameters - use xfs_admin. -o subopts Override default behaviour, refer to man page. -t interval Reporting interval in seconds. -d Repair dangerously. -e Exit with a non-zero code if any errors were repaired. (Cannot be used together with -n.) -V Reports version and exits.

Edited by Napoleon
46 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

To confirm, I ran the check with -L and that is the output. 

Did you mean to run it without anything and then select -L?

That looks like the output you get if you use an option that is not recognised.   Was it run from the GUI?   Note that the options are case sensitive.