[SOLVED almost]SABnzb slower speed on UNRAID than my laptop(Windows 7 64bit)

For a long time a saw there is not so high DL speed using SABnzb on my server, about 5.5MB/sec  >:( comparing about 9MB/sec using same version of SABnzb on my laptop (Windows 7).

I DL to my cache drive on unraid (Barracuda 7200.10 SATA 3.0Gb/s 500-GB Hard Drive) connected to my Seriel ATA-150 card

How can this be improved ? see images attached and my syslog.

Identical settings on server & Laptop and same version on SAB

Tested to DL to my disc1, but same lower speed.

EDIT 1

Booted to UBUNTU on my laptop, installed SAB, DL is 7.1MB/sec, little better tahn unraid, but not fast as windows 7.  >:(

EDIT 2

Booted to OSX on my laptop, installed SAB, DL is 9.1MB/sec, fast as windows 7.  ;D

Its looks like there is some LINUX problem!

//Peter

sab_from_server_.JPG.0608e60799ee5ef66e2e769b75441d73.JPG

sab_PC.JPG.0c3950b977fca84c4c7e1361cec5e191.JPG

syslog-2011-12-27.zip

This does not solve your problem, but what provider do you use?

I experience the same kind of problem because my Microserver just can't handle the high downloadspeed CPU-wise.

The max is about 7MB/s, on my workstation I sometimes max out my my 100Mbit line, although not very often. It really depends on what I download.

you might want to ask on the SABnzb forums and see what they say. perhaps it is a known bug?

Maybe you could try putting Virtual box with a windows guest on your unraid and run it inside that? at least to test your speeds.

This is one reason why I run my apps in ESXi guests.

other then that I can't offer much help. Sorry.

This does not solve your problem, what provider do you use?

I experience the same kind of problem because my Microserver just can't handle the high downloadspeed CPU-wise.

The max is about 7MB/s, on my workstation I sometimes max out my my 100Mbit line, although not very often. It really depends on what I download.

I'm on Astraweb,  I can almost maximum my 100Mbit line on W7 & OSX, but not on linux, its only about 5-6MB/sec.

//Peter

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Well, I can only speak to what worked for me, but I had a similar issue where I wasn't getting anywhere near the speeds in Unraid that I was getting in Windows 7. I had to more than double the number of connections in Unraid compared to what I used in Windows, but that fixed it for me.

Well, I can only speak to what worked for me, but I had a similar issue where I wasn't getting anywhere near the speeds in Unraid that I was getting in Windows 7. I had to more than double the number of connections in Unraid compared to what I used in Windows, but that fixed it for me.

Is that the number of connections to the newsgroup server, mine is set to 30 which is the maximum allowed by Supernews.

At some point, more threads will slow you down. not speed you up.

Only because sabnzbd is running under python and is a bit of a dog. nzbget never slows down no matter how many threads you chuck at it -- see my sig for nzbget, it's great for slower machines or ones with less RAM to waste.  ;D