Drives unmounting / remounting, plus lots of read errors

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Hi there, 

This is my first post in the forums so please let me know if I've missed anything. 

I recently ran into an issue where my parity drive appeared with a red cross next to it. The drive seemed to keep unmounting and re-mounting with a different sdx assigned to it. I tried swapping the drive bay it was in and still ran into the same issue. 

Screenshot2024-05-29at8_58_16AM.thumb.png.b24a42e664a4ed32f684842eed28b068.png

I use a DELL H200 to attach the 4 drives (this model: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/325566986586) and I tried re-seating it, and that seemed to improve things, the parity drive mounted correctly and it started doing a parity sync. But a couple hours in, I had reports of a bunch of disk errors. 

I'm still suspicious it's the DELL H200 as all my cache drives are fine and they're plugged directly into the motherboard. I don't yet know how to read the diagnostics files (or what to look for). But I was looking for help identifying from the logs if it could be a problem with my H200 or if I've got a bunch of bad drives.

Thanks! 

serenity-diagnostics-20240529-1139.zip

• 2 weeks later...