[SOLVED] Network connection dropped always

Hi Everyone,

i need a bit of help. I'm running out of ideas. Anytime i try to copy a bigger file (eg. 7GB) to my array the network connection is lost at ~38%.

The network is dropped and the copy process is being canceled. I cannot copy a single movie anymore.

I'm running unRaid Server 5.0 Beta 14 right now but with unRaid 4.7 i had the same problem. Thats the reason i've changed in the first place.

But i had problems with unraid network since i build the server... every time when i tried to copy a movie to the array it didn't even startet... windows said that the network name is not available anymore, but when i restartet the copy process after it, it run until it was copied correctly. But now, it starts, but hangs at ~38% and the copy program says that the network resource is not available anymore and stops!

I tried to change the line "append initrd=bzroot vga=extended" in the syslinux.cfg to "append initrd=bzroot rootdelay=10 nolapic vga=extended" as said in this post from limetech Admin here:

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=888.msg6084#msg6084

but it didn't change anything.

I'm runnig unRaid on Asus P5QL-E and this is what lsmod says:

Module                  Size  Used by

md_mod              45709  3

xor                     12961  1 md_mod

asus_atk0110        6597  0

hwmon                   945  1 asus_atk0110

atl1e                  22025  0

ahci                   16609  4

libahci                13808  1 ahci

i2c_i801               6261  0

i2c_core             12720  1 i2c_i801

And this says ethtool -i eth0:

driver: ATL1E

version: 1.0.0.7-NAPI

firmware-version: L1e

bus-info: 0000:02:00.0

Please HELP!

Best regards

Gery

Hi mate,

I have a P5Q series mobo as well.  I had intermittent networking issues for around 12 months.  On large copies the server would become unresponsive, drop network and require a hard reboot.  I replaced drives, power supplies and tried multiple version of Unraid, all to no avail.

The problem ended up being the onboard ethernet controller - I don't think Unraid likes it.  From advice here I picked up a cheap Intel based gigabit PCI card and have not had any issues since.  (I disabled the onboard controller in BIOS)

So, i changed the NIC twice... always the same result. It's hanging after it copied around 2.7-2.8 GB.

Maybe its because of my share settings? I even tried without Switch between Client and Server... same shit.

Please check my settings, maybe you find something useful.

Best regards,

Gery

PS:

With this Intel Based NIC i have this driver loaded:

driver: e1000e

version: 1.4.4-k

firmware-version: 1.8-0

bus-info: 0000:02:00.0

Videos.jpg.077a8a08731a44d3215ea7c1f292d7a2.jpg

I don't think its network relatet at all! It doesn't matter what NIC i use, and if i connect over a switch or direktly, the copy process hangs still after it copied 2.71GB of data.

It has do to something with unRaid or my Settings!

Best regards,

Gery

PS: Why no answer from an limetech admin? It's a mayor issue!!!

Thanks but Local Master is already set to "yes". But any help or advice is appreciated!!!

The only thing i can think of is that unraid tries to copy to disk1, and there is not enough space left.

When i leave the "included disks" field empty, unraid should use all disks, right? Another question is, what will happen to my Video files which are already on disk1 when i set "excluded disks" disk1???

Best regards,

Gery