Transmission Plugin for UnRaid v5b11+

Hi folks,

as promised here is a plugin to install and control Transmission.

Dependencies necessary to run these apps will be installed automatically.

please use the unplugged version, which you can find here: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=21260.0

it's basically the same plugin with fewer bugs and more features...

The Plugin installs version 2.33 since we have an unraid package (thanks to prostuff1 (basically this is a port of his unmenu package))

For the next version, I'll run tests with the latest Transmission version.

Configuration is the same as with my other Plugins (Sabnzbd, etc.), except you can't set an installation directory.

The Datadirectory is the place, where all config files will be stored.

You can set the torrent-download directory in the transmission webinterface.

These Plugins uses the new Plugin Installer system, so UnRaid v5b11+ is a requirement.

The installation is quite simple, just download the plg files for the plugins you want to use and copy them to your flash drive into the config/plugins folder. Then reboot your server or run "installplg /boot/config/plugins/<NAME OF THE PLUGIN>.plg"

Download:

Changelog:

1 initial release

2 fixed typo

ToDo:

update to latest transmission

set some of the transmission settings via gui

Thanks to prostuff1 for his build of the transmission package and collection of dependencies :)

Note: I haven't tested every possibility with this plugin, but it has been running quite well on my server for some time now. If you have any trouble installing it, let me know.

But also know, that i'm currently writing my bachelor thesis and won't be around often to answer questions. I only release this at this time, because there is a demand for it. (But as always, it should work :) )

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The filename and the file being downloaded are not the same

<FILE Name="/boot/packages/transmission_unraid-2.33-i486-10kh.txz" Run="upgradepkg --install-new">
<URL>http://unraid-greenleaf-repository.googlecode.com/files/transmission_unraid-2.33-i486-11kh.txz</URL>
<MD5>641ff060b4c9d299de5a60aeae52334f</MD5>
</FILE>

perhaps it's my fault  :D  ???

403: Forbidden

Unauthorized IP Address.

Either disable the IP address whitelist or add your address to it.

If you're editing settings.json, see the 'rpc-whitelist' and 'rpc-whitelist-enabled' entries.

If you're still using ACLs, use a whitelist instead. See the transmission-daemon manpage for details.

i get the same errors    - unraid 5 bld 12A

403: Forbidden

Unauthorized IP Address.

Either disable the IP address whitelist or add your address to it.

If you're editing settings.json, see the 'rpc-whitelist' and 'rpc-whitelist-enabled' entries.

If you're still using ACLs, use a whitelist instead. See the transmission-daemon manpage for details.

Joe

Both, prostuff1. Segfaults in syslog and unable to edit settings.json as it gets replaced when Transmission is started.

disable transmission and run without it.  Some are reporting segfault on latest unRAID without any addon's.

I think the dependencies I install should be fine on 5.0bX but NOT on 4.7.  I can confirm that on 4.7 this happens after installing the glibc package I was using.

As for the settings.json: you will need to stop transmission after installing it and then edit the settings.json file.

Good tips there prostuff1. I had forgotten to alter the permissions of the settings.json file after the edit, the first time round, hence it wasn't working properly. Now im back in and testing it as we speak. However, the segfaults, i supposed we'll have to wait for a new unRAID build to fix.

For some reason this seems to of broke cache_dirs. It doesn't start anymore according to the log, any clue? More info here: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=4500.msg160293#msg160293

Thanks for making these, i'm not sure what i'd do without your Sabnzbd/Sickbeard plugins, however I can't use this if it breaks cache_dir. Everytime I view my media directory it spends up 20 drives.

EDIT: Confirmed removing the plugin out of the plugins folder and restarting unRAID fixes cache_dirs. I'm on b14.

EDIT2: My cache drives mover script seems to also not be working after installing this. If I manually start it, it works, but it doesn't automatically do it anymore. This may or may not be related... but it started happening the day after I installed this.

• 4 weeks later...

OK, it is back up and available... sorry about that.

Of note for Benni-chan to look into:

I do not think you need to install the glibc package under 5.0b11+.  I had been installing it for 4.7 but it turns out that transmission requires a newer set of libraries than what 4.7 can support properly.  I had wrapped the glibc part in my .conf file with a check to see if I was running on 5.0bX or not.  If I was then I DID NOT install the glibc package, you should remove the glibc install from your plugin file.