Transmission Plugin for UnRaid v5b11+

i am getting the 403 error with the latest installer. I have been looking for the settings.json to modify it but I can not find it. where is it?

I'm getting this error too.

I've edited the settings.json with the following

"rpc-whitelist": "127.0.0.1,192.168.0.*",

"rpc-whitelist-enabled": false,

And I also tried running as user root, but still get the same error

My data dir is set to /mnt/disk/Apps/Transmission - this path works ok for the influencer plugins :)

Cheers M

EDIT: Typical it's just started working !!!!!!!!!  ;D

I'm having the same problem, and I can't fix it.  The data dir is the same my sickbeard/sab/etc. use, and i changed the settings file like you and still nothing.  Even tried rebooting, however when rebooting the settings revert to normal.

(data dir is /mnt/cache/.apps/transmission)

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

you can try to update to the latest transmission package with installpkg. but it could be, that it needs several newer dependencies. so you have to update those, too.

it's all a matter of try and error.

install, check, if it's running. if not, check the error message, to see, which other package you need to update. and so on :)

there should danger of screwing up your system. in case, anything goes wrong, just reboot and you are back to the plugin default version.

if you get the latest version running, you could report back and we can update the plugin file, so it will install the latest version.

Hi all,

I am hoping to find some help to a solution. I am trying now for roughly one week to get transmission running on my unraid machine (first tried with RC3, since thursday this week I have been running on RC8a).

I have attached a syslog which I took out of the Utils section.

I put in the transmission.plg into a newly created (because it was not there) config/plugins folder.

After the installation there was no button in the settings part and I tried to access the server using port 80, 8080 or 9091. Nothing worked.

Can someone help me on this matter, please  ::)

Kind regards

schark

Syslog.TXT

your download of transmission failed... please use the latest plugin version (the unplugged version from influencer): https://raw.github.com/Influencer/UNplugged/master/transmission_unplugged.plg

if it doesn't work with that one, please report back in the unplugged support thread

update: at second look, you seem to have two transmission plugins in your plugin directory. delete the old one.

update2: ok, just did a further look into your syslog. you have two problems. one, you seem to have two transmission plugins in your plugin folder. delete the old one... then, your downloads seems to fail. after that, the plugin installation is aborted. update the plugin to the latest version and try again. it should work.

Latest version

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/49442039/transmission-2.73-i486-1_PTr.txz

im use older libs for better compatibility ;)

Hi

Going to ask a newbie question now,

I managed to install transmission 2.42 and the needed library's and it's working great by using unmenu and this post http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=8736.0

I see in the link you provided its up to version 2.73 looking at the change logs a lot has changed.

I would like to know how do I remove the old version and install this version with the correct library's.

Ideally i would like to learn how to do this via the command line and not unmenu, I have unmenu installed but it was installed so that i could set up my UPS correctly, after Ive learned how to install without unmenu my next task is to install the APC without it also.

May uninstall unmenu after that :) trying to get my system lean and clean, Installed bits without really knowing what i was doing when i first set up the server, I'm hoping to correct this now.

Latest version

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/49442039/transmission-2.73-i486-1_PTr.txz

im use older libs for better compatibility ;)

Hi

Going to ask a newbie question now,

I managed to install transmission 2.42 and the needed library's and it's working great by using unmenu and this post http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=8736.0

I see in the link you provided its up to version 2.73 looking at the change logs a lot has changed.

I would like to know how do I remove the old version and install this version with the correct library's.

Ideally i would like to learn how to do this via the command line and not unmenu, I have unmenu installed but it was installed so that i could set up my UPS correctly, after Ive learned how to install without unmenu my next task is to install the APC without it also.

May uninstall unmenu after that :) trying to get my system lean and clean, Installed bits without really knowing what i was doing when i first set up the server, I'm hoping to correct this now.

save yourself the trouble and keep using unMenu.  Just my opinion but it is about as lean as you can get.

What you would be doing manually is essentially what unMenu and its package manager is doing for you.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the plugin,

I just installed it and added a watched folder in the settings file and added a couple of torrents to test it.

It worked fine but a minute later I could not access the webpage and I also had a segfault in the syslog.

Do these damage the system?

Tower kernel: transmission-da[18661]: segfault at fffffff7 ip 080762aa sp b7349048 error 4 in transmission-daemon[8048000+66000] (Errors)

edit: I had a semi comma on the last line when i got that error message. I think there was a flash of a warning when i started transmission from the tower ui so i rechecked my settings file and noticed that. Since i removed the comma on the last line i have had no errors (about 10 hours) - not sure if this is the reason or not

I'm using Influencer's Transmission plugin, but figured I'd come over here to ask for help too. I'm having some trouble getting watched folders working. I'm running the app as nobody and have added the proper lines to my settings.json

"watch-dir-enabled": true,

"watchdir": "/mnt/user/apps/transmission/watched"

I tried copying a torrent into the /watched directory manually from my Windows box, but Transmission isn't picking it up. There are no errors on Transmission startup so I have to assume I added the correct options for watchdir

Would like to get this working for use in Sickbeard.

I'm using Influencer's Transmission plugin, but figured I'd come over here to ask for help too. I'm having some trouble getting watched folders working. I'm running the app as nobody and have added the proper lines to my settings.json

"watch-dir-enabled": true,

"watchdir": "/mnt/user/apps/transmission/watched"

I tried copying a torrent into the /watched directory manually from my Windows box, but Transmission isn't picking it up. There are no errors on Transmission startup so I have to assume I added the correct options for watchdir

Would like to get this working for use in Sickbeard.

Make sure Transmissin is not running when you make changes to the settings.json file.

Otherwise the new settings will overwritten  when you restart Transmission.

Thanks for heads up. I have made sure Transmission is stopped while making config changes. Are there any special permissions that need to be set on directories in order for Tranmission to pickup watched torrents?

drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users  48 2012-12-16 11:30 blocklists/

drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users  48 2012-12-16 11:17 downloads/

drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users  48 2012-12-16 11:41 incomplete/

drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users  48 2012-12-16 11:30 resume/

-rw------- 1 nobody users 2339 2012-12-16 12:20 settings.json

drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users  48 2012-12-16 11:30 torrents/

drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users  208 2012-12-16 12:13 watched/

Thanks for heads up. I have made sure Transmission is stopped while making config changes. Are there any special permissions that need to be set on directories in order for Tranmission to pickup watched torrents?

drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users  48 2012-12-16 11:30 blocklists/

drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users  48 2012-12-16 11:17 downloads/

drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users  48 2012-12-16 11:41 incomplete/

drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users  48 2012-12-16 11:30 resume/

-rw------- 1 nobody users 2339 2012-12-16 12:20 settings.json

drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users  48 2012-12-16 11:30 torrents/

drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users  208 2012-12-16 12:13 watched/

I just did

"watch-dir": "/mnt/cache/.app/transmission/add_torrent_here",
    "watch-dir-enabled": true

put a comma to terminate the line before them lines and leave the last line without a comma. Then i did a chmod 777 on it and it works fine.

I was using influencers plugin when i got that error but i havent had one since I sorted the commas.

Thanks for the plugin,

I just installed it and added a watched folder in the settings file and added a couple of torrents to test it.

It worked fine but a minute later I could not access the webpage and I also had a segfault in the syslog.

Do these damage the system?

Tower kernel: transmission-da[18661]: segfault at fffffff7 ip 080762aa sp b7349048 error 4 in transmission-daemon[8048000+66000] (Errors)

edit: I had a semi comma on the last line when i got that error message. I think there was a flash of a warning when i started transmission from the tower ui so i rechecked my settings file and noticed that. Since i removed the comma on the last line i have had no errors (about 10 hours) - not sure if this is the reason or not

I have exactly the same problem but I don't follow your instruction. Where should I remove the comma? In the settings.json or somewhere else?

EDIT: I changed the DL-directory and problem seems to be gone now

• 3 weeks later...

I am installing Transmission for the first time, and have been pouring over the boards trying to figure out how to make it work.

I installed the "Unplugged" version of the plugin, and did so on my (newly-minted) cache drive. I can get the daemon to run, and see it with my Remote GUI, but when I add a torrent, it starts and then tells me that there is a permissions problem.

I am looking for some newbie guidance on how to get this set up and running. I'd be happy to turn the advice I get into a wikipage so that there would be a home for that kind of FAQ stuff....

EDIT***

So, the really simple things are the ones that I often miss. Like direct your attention please to the Transmission Web Server at the port (default is 9091, but it's on the plugin page on simple settings too) on your server--you don't need the Remote GUI unless you want to.

When you are setting up the settings.json file, modify the one on the cache drive. Use absolute paths to the folders where you want things to go.

Now, if I can just figure out how to move files to my array and then seed from there...that can't be hard, I just need sleep.........

• 2 months later...

Transmission is starting fine, and I seem to have it installed properly but since I started the download I ran into this problem (see image below)

It seems to be removing the first 2 folders of the filepath and even if I add them manually it does not work.  I tried checking the 'download' folder for the actual application and that one appears to be fine.  I've rebooted the server several times, etc... no luck.

Help ?

transmission_error.jpg.2a401d48f3f9456db4d46d7dfbb24e02.jpg