Main web page / webgui unreachable after some time

Hi all,

I've been running unraid 4.7 successfully for nearly 6 months without any issues at all. I've recently noticed an issue that's starting to bother me. Part of my job in life is watching servers so I check on my setup probably more than others. Just constantly checking that everything is healthy. A few days ago out of no where I was unable to access the main webgui on port 80. I could however still access everything else (unmenu, unraidweb, all my shares, etc, etc). Everything was totally functional except the main page. Once I realized I couldn't reach it I attempted to open it via unmenu which would give me a page could not be displayed error followed by unmenu also dying and becoming unreachable until I re-ran its process manually.

Let me re-explain that this is 100% not a networking issue as I can access every other port and service. And it has been working and fully functional for the last 6 months.

I shut it down to install a 4th hard drive (which I was doing anyways) and powered it back on and everything was great. No further issues, I could access the main gui again. Then last night I went to pull it up again and once again, it was unreachable. Same issue as before. Times out if I go straight to it, but all other services are 100% functional. So I shut it down (I was having to shut it down anyways to move it) and powered it back on last night and we were back to normal. Everything was totally happy and I could access the main webgui.

I woke up this morning and once again, I can't access the main gui. So there is definitely something going on. Nothing has happened on the server between last night and this morning. I didn't even stream anything off of it. I have attached my syslog and I have not rebooted the system so let me know if there is anything that you would like me to check.

Thanks in advance for any help! I have searched both google, the forums, and looked through troubleshooting on the wiki and couldn't find any help aside from people that just weren't good with the networking side of things.

syslog.txt

That log file does not really show anything... it must be from right after the reboot?

If so, let the server run, let the web page be unreachable and then grab that syslog.

What all addon's are you running?

What is your complete hardware breakdown?

Have you run at least 8 hours of Memtest on the system?

Yea, it is after a reboot but what you requested is basically exactly what I did. I powered it off last night to move the server, powered it on before I went to bed and tested and everything was working. This morning I couldn't reach it anymore. So unfortunately whatever is causing it isn't creating any sort of error in syslog.

The hardware breakdown:

Intel Core2Duo E6300

Intel DG965WH motherboard

4x SAMSUNG HD204UI 2TB drives (all in the array)

1x WD WD1001FALS (not in the array)

3gb of ram, I'm not positive of specs. But it's 3 sticks.

When I very first setup unraid I did run memtest overnight. I had an issue a few months back where after I made some changes it wasn't wanting to POST and once I got it working again I did run memtest again, not for 8 hours but I ran it through a few passes with no issues.

Add-ons:

apcupsd

bwm-ng

GNU cpio

unMENU Image Server

mail and ssmtp

unRAID Status Alert

Monthly Parity Check

ntfs-3g

openssh

unRAID Power-Down on disk overtemp

Clean Powerdown

screen

unRAID-Web

unmenu Version 1.5 Revision: 223

I also run sabnzbd and sickbeard off of it which were setup using this guide: http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php?title=Install_Python_based_servers

This has been my same setup since I very first configured the server 6 months ago. The only changes have been updating sab and sickbeard to their new versions as they release. Thanks for the quick reply.

ok, can we get the file created from the below:

ps -ef > /boot/ps_output.txt

It will create a text file on the flash drive, upload it here to your next post.

I am assuming you can't reach the web interface right now, if you can... this probably will not show us anything at this point in time.

emhttp (the web interface is still running) according to the output of that file.

What port are you running unMenu on? becuase SAB is also running on that same port, unless you changed unMenus.  And what port are the other addon's running on?

How much RAM do you have in the system?

what is the output of:

free

and try connecting to the web interface via the IP of the computer if you are not already.

total       used       free     shared    buffers     cached
Mem:       3097104    3016352      80752          0      66316    2729808
-/+ buffers/cache:     220228    2876876
Swap:            0          0          0

It has 3 gigs of ram. I have tried going directly to the ip with no luck. I can however access it using the computer name and/or the ip at all other ports for all other web servers.

Main: 80

Lighttpd: 82

Unraid-web: 89

Crashplan: 4243

Sab: 8080

Sickbeard: 8081

Unmenu: 8082

Edit: I forgot to mention I have crashplan running on here too setup using this guide:  http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php?title=CrashPlan

But again, everything has been up and running and totally functional with no changes made before I started seeing this issue aside from regular updates to sab and sickbeard.

• 5 months later...