Any way to restrict access by time / day / IP / MAC

I want to create a set of rules similar to the access restrictions on my router for internet access for my kids. I don't want them to be able to access anything on the unRAID media share after 6pm on school nights. Right now, on my router, I have it set to deny all internet access except for a white list that includes my computer, iPad, wife's computer, etc.

Can I do something similar with unRAID? Would this be most easily done at the level of the server? Can I do this with httpd.conf? Can I do this at the level of the router?

Thanks for the advice.

• 1 month later...

This type of access restriction would work though if either the server or the devices connecting were on a separate vlan, right?

I would like to enable this same type of setup to restrict my kids from watching their ATV when it's bedtime on a school night.  Or if they're grounded, I can easily restrict access for the duration of their punishment right from my TomatoUSB based router.

What type of adverse side effects would this have though?  Crashplan should still work (LAN Backup) as should accessing the shares via an ATV device.  This obviously adds an extra hop into the mix and puts the router controlling the two vlans through some additional work.  Am I missing anything else?  Like I said, I want to do this but have very limited experience setting up and maintaining vlans and would like to think/work through the potential hiccups before implementing something like this.

• 7 months later...