IBM ServeRAID M1015 $69.99 shipped

Nathaniel

http://www.ebay.com/itm/IBM-ServeRAID-M1015-SAS-RAID-Controller-FRU-46M0861-LSI-PN-SAS9220-8i-/190621067260?pt=COMP_EN_Networking_Components&hash=item2c61e6a7fc

I ordered one from the same seller ("nationwidesurplus") last week and just flashed it and installed it, works great. It looks like they have somewhat regular quantities, so if this particular one is sold out, search the seller and see if they have another batch or wait a few days if nobody else has a similar price. They seem to put up 5-6 cards at a time. Mine shipped quickly via USPS priority mail and arrived safely in a decent box, and did have a standard/long bracket on it.

I know it states no bracket, which is why I mentioned mine came with one anyways. Still, for the price it would be cheaper to buy from them and then pick up a cheap PCI card for $5 just to get the bracket :)

Do all cards have the same mounting hole locations for the brackets?

Nope. Take measurements and find a local computer recycler/thrift shop and have a rummage around. :) I got one for my Br10i from an old Ethernet card.

I just got my second card from this vendor and it's a little less stellar this time. No bracket included, but it looks like a common size since it is 53mm center to center, a perfect fit for the bracket off a cheap 2-port SATA3 Highpoint 62x controller that came bundled with a 3TB drive I bought last year (glad I hung on to it "for emergencies").

They also sent it in a USPS padded envelope instead of an express mail box, so a couple pins on a header are bent. I have no idea what the header is for but I'm writing to them and asking for a replacement. I'll let everyone know how it goes. Thankfully i don't need this card, I just figured I'd get an extra while they were cheap, so an extra week isn't a big deal.

I just got my second card from this vendor and it's a little less stellar this time. No bracket included, but it looks like a common size since it is 53mm center to center, a perfect fit for the bracket off a cheap 2-port SATA3 Highpoint 62x controller that came bundled with a 3TB drive I bought last year (glad I hung on to it "for emergencies").

They also sent it in a USPS padded envelope instead of an express mail box, so a couple pins on a header are bent. I have no idea what the header is for but I'm writing to them and asking for a replacement. I'll let everyone know how it goes. Thankfully i don't need this card, I just figured I'd get an extra while they were cheap, so an extra week isn't a big deal.

The card I just got from nationwidesurplus was packaged similarly, no damage, labeled SAS9220-8i, no bracket. The most recent purchase is with bracket $68 shipped. A few up for bid under nationwidesurplus prices.

• 1 month later...

I ordered 2 from nationwidesurplus; packaging was horrible, they just squshed the 2 into a small box (no wrap between them).

One is working great, the other was DOA.  Sent it back, they sent me a new one... which, was DOA AGAIN!

To their credit, I called and the offered me a refund for the return shipping of the first DOA card and will be sending me another card.  So fingers crossed.

I'll update once I get the 2nd card for the 3rd time :)

But in short, I'm not impressed, yet at the same time kindof am as they are at least trying to fix the issue with no cost to me.

If people don't want to deal with the missing bracket, I got mine from keystonememory on eBay.  $75 free shipping.  It came well packed--in a static bag, in a box with foam, in an envelope.  I guess it's technically used, but there was no evidence that I could see.

Seconded. Just ordered one from them this week and it was here in 2 days and packed extremely well. Flashed with no real trouble, so would definitely recommend them.