Forum Upgraded, and Other News

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since the forum upgrade, I am not able to access any of the wiki pages (FAQ, Config Guide, etc.)  I get the following error:

Unable to view external table.

mySQL error number: 1054

mySQL error message: Unknown column 'memberName' in 'field list'

Fixed.

Yes, it is fixed!.  Thank you.  Nice new look BTW.

* Nice forum theme, but there's still no "subscribed threads" option I can see...  :-[

Below the last post in a thread there is a button called NOTIFY which will subscribe you to the thread and send you an email when there's been a new post... is that what you mean?

There is a function to see what your "current" subscriptions are, I just did it.

Go to your SMF profile - there is a menu near the top of this page.

In the profile menu look for

"Notifications and Email"

You will find what you are looking for in that area.

Profile -> Summary

Then select.

Modify Profile -> Notifications and Email

Scroll down.

Right after the upgrade I was able to set back the "classic" theme which I liked more than this new one. This one is with too big fonts and less densed, so less information fits into a screen.

Today when logged in I am back on the new theme and the theme chooser disappeard from the profile settings. Has this forum been feature disabled after a while?

Right after the upgrade I was able to set back the "classic" theme which I liked more than this new one. This one is with too big fonts and less densed, so less information fits into a screen.

Today when logged in I am back on the new theme and the theme chooser disappeard from the profile settings. Has this forum been feature disabled after a while?

This is probably why

Seems that some themes are not updated for SMF 2.0, in particular "Babylon".  Use of this theme is causing thousands of error log messages.  There is a way to switch "everyone" to the default SMF theme (called "Curve") which I am going to do later this evening.

Understood.  I will re-enable user theme selection (of SMF 2.0 compliant themes) soon.

SMF is much better than PHPBB.

Did I hear a stable 5 final?? Now, someone really needs to update that home page. :)

The site is busy enough to justify moving to a VPS from off shared hosting? Dedicated virtual servers are getting cheaper and cheaper since the virtual tech is getting better and better.

Next unRaid release - now that linux kernel 3.2 is released, I will integrate and post one more 5.0-beta, thereafter, 5.0-rc1, then 5.0 "final".

Tom - you think we'll see a 5.0 RC or at least another beta before you move?

I'm really running out of temp storage space off-array, and need to decide what to do next wrt storing files while waiting until I feel comfortable using my 3TB drives I have waiting, boxed.

• 2 weeks later...

Next unRaid release - now that linux kernel 3.2 is released, I will integrate and post one more 5.0-beta, thereafter, 5.0-rc1, then 5.0 "final".

I'm really running out of temp storage space off-array, and need to decide what to do next wrt storing files while waiting until I feel comfortable using my 3TB drives I have waiting, boxed.

No reason not to use 5.0-beta for 3TB drives.

Company - We are changing to a C-Corp and moving to San Diego, CA area sometime in February.  As soon as we have secured space out there I will post another announcement regarding this.  Probably the main thing anyone would care about is that once in CA, we have to start charging CA sales tax...

I know this is a late response, but I haven't been on the site in a while.

I'm no tax lawyer, but I think this is probably only true for the servers and physical products you sell, not the license keys.  I know we've been very careful at my company not to receive media, manuals, or other physical goods at our California locations on multimillion dollar software orders to avoid getting hit with the state sales tax.  That seems a little odd living in a state with no such provision, and a use-tax that explicitly covers those cases where you managed to dodge the sales tax, but it seems to hold up...

http://www.boe.ca.gov/pdf/pub109.pdf

Your sale of electronic data products such as software, data, and digital images is generally not taxable when you transmit the data to your customer over the Internet or by modem. However, if as part of the sale you provide your customer with a printed copy of the electronically transferred information or a backup data copy on a physical storage medium such as a CD-ROM, your entire sale is usually taxable.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm running 20 x 3TBs on 5b14 without any issues whatsoever (have written around 12TB so far). Check my sig for more details.  I recommend not holding off using your 3TBs - although nothing in life is certain, my confidence in 5b14 is now extremely high.