Shares are no visible while parity is being checked?

This has always been an issue but lately due to power outages and random kernel faults it's because more of a pain in the butt.  I reboot and it has to do it's parity check which takes about 10 hours and while that's going on the shares are not visible. Is this normal, is there a way around this?

• 9 months later...

Bumping this since my shares are never available. We get power outages every now and then and when I start the server the parity needs to be checked and the shares don't show up until after the check is over and I reboot. Any idea?

That would occur if the disks are not yet mounted while their transactions in their journals are replayed.  The disks should appear online once that step is complete.  With large disks and lots of file activity it could take 30 minutes or more.  (of course, during that time, the parity check is also occurring, although that would not prevent file access.)
  • 7 years later...

Same issue. I am not seeing any errors in the main tab while doing a parity check. No errors inb corrected tab and no errors in the array yet my shares are currently empty. Should be finished in 12 hours. Haven't seen any errors pop up and haven't had any issues with my unraid server. Hoping it will mount the shares when it's complete.

6 minutes ago, droopie said:

Same issue. I am not seeing any errors in the main tab while doing a parity check. No errors inb corrected tab and no errors in the array yet my shares are currently empty. Should be finished in 12 hours. Haven't seen any errors pop up and haven't had any issues with my unraid server. Hoping it will mount the shares when it's complete.

This thread you have posted to is nearly 8 years old and is in the Legacy Support (unRAID 5 and Older) subforum.

Start a new thread in General Support and post your Diagnostics.