ABIT AB9 QUAD GT AND MEMTEST

I have had this server up and running for 3 years. I had a problem the other day system kept crashing. I replaced memory and all ok. I have never gotten memtest86 to run on this server. I have tried all versions of memtest and just reboots whenever I choose memtest. I have read one other post about this but there was not solution. It never bothered me that memtest wouldnt run  until I had this problem.  Any information on how to make memtest run would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I have had this server up and running for 3 years. I had a problem the other day system kept crashing. I replaced memory and all ok. I have never gotten memtest86 to run on this server. I have tried all versions of memtest and just reboots whenever I choose memtest. I have read one other post about this but there was not solution. It never bothered me that memtest wouldnt run  until I had this problem.  Any information on how to make memtest run would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

1. Set memory speed manually.  I had to set mine to 266mhz.

2. bump up memory voltage to 1.9 or 2.0.

Even with setting memory speed to 266mhz, I could only get a stable machine with OCZ Ram.

Tried both sticks one at a time in all slots, relaxed timings, bumped and stock voltages, still cant run memtest. I ran a parity check last night and all was good, no errors. I dont know what else to try. Oh and it doesnt have those kind of capacitors that leak. Any other ideas. The server just works so great I cant believe that theres something wrong with the system. thanks

• 1 month later...