What is the temperature of your HD's?

teamhood

All,

I was wondering what is your normal HD temperature that the //Tower page displays while your HD's are spinning? I just added my 10th disk into the system and I noticed that my parity drive and the new drive are currently at 45. I have all of my drives in the same cases that Tom uses, stacker case and all. Just wondering!!

Thank you

-Mike

Running a Parity check right now - my temps range from 30-35 degrees C. I think 36 is about as high as I've seen. The "blowhole" up top is often covered :-\ and the room can get fairly warm. I think 36 is about the highest I've seen that I can recall.

Hrm, might be nice to have a sort of Peak/Hold temp for that page that we could manually clear. This way we could check to see if the drives are spiking into some really high range that we haven't noticed....

Edit: lol two just hit 37 making me a liar. both of these are Western Digital drives mounted side by side. I have multiple makes/models in my system and each make/model combo appears to be running the exact same temp as it's brothers. I have a total of 9 drives in 4into 3 drive holders - each with a 12CM fan in front of them.

• 1 month later...

I am using the 4 in 3 slot that came with the Coolermaster Stacker (after removing the grill that was stopping the air from the large fan at the front.

Temps are 24 C when spun down, and 31-32 when accessed. Only have two drives in the system though so I am sure that once I will have 10 drives in the system, things will be different....

WOW.  Mine are between 39 and 41 right now.  I am doing a parity sync, but damn.  I have them in the Cremak trays in a CM stacker.  What am I doing wrong?

Your temps are OK.  Drives are typcially rated up to 55, some even higher.

Cooling is better when drives are not in mobile racks & have a fan blowing outside air directly across them.

Your temps are OK.  Drives are typcially rated up to 55, some even higher.

Cooling is better when drives are not in mobile racks & have a fan blowing outside air directly across them.

Thanks Tom.  That takes a load off.  I plan to add more fans in the future just in case.