fresh array clarification

I am 2nd guessing myself. I precleared 5 drives (no drives currently assigned) on the new server. turned on user shares but have not created any yet, assigned all the drives and clicked the format button, unraid formatted the data drives and marked the parity drive as invalid and started a parity sync on that drive. I think that is all normal by reading.  Under shares I see nothing except for create a user share; there is no options for the flash or the 4 data drives. Is this due to the fact the parity check is running? I am on 5b14 and this is a new machine.

Thanks,

Dave

I am 2nd guessing myself. I precleared 5 drives (no drives currently assigned) on the new server. turned on user shares but have not created any yet, assigned all the drives and clicked the format button, unraid formatted the data drives and marked the parity drive as invalid and started a parity sync on that drive. I think that is all normal by reading.  Under shares I see nothing except for create a user share; there is no options for the flash or the 4 data drives. Is this due to the fact the parity check is running? I am on 5b14 and this is a new machine.

Thanks,

Dave

Click on the drive number/names on the main page to go the disk settings for each specific drive.

Archived