confusion with SAB variables

loady

I am in the process of installing SAB, and i am at the point below but with a few questions...

install-dir: /mnt/cache/.sabnzbd Directory where SABnzbd will be installed, e.g. /mnt/cache/.sabnzbd

* this is going to install SAB on the cache drive and thats the best place for it ?

log-dir: /var/log/sabnzbd Directory where SABnzbd will keep logs, e.g. /var/log/sabnzbd

* this will be on the flash drive and best place for it ?

download-dir: /mnt/cache/.sabnzbd/downloads The directory where SABnzbd will place incomplete downloads

complete-dir: /mnt/cache/.sabnzbd/complete The directory where SABnzbd will place complete downloads

* this is where i am getting confused, with sickbeard and SAB, i had scripts running on my QNAP setup that moved completed files to thier respective folders which i had preset..do i just leave these as default and then do some fancy work with the mover script..i have not looked at the mover script yet, left like this surely the cache drive will fill very quickly

i am really making this harder than it is, im sure.

my movies folder on array is..

movies

movies/family

movies/kids

movies/BD

downloads from sab are going to the cache drive, so in SAB on the catergories section i need to set up these folders correct ? but am i pointing SAB to these folders on the cache drive and then the mover script is going to move them later ??....ie

for the family movies category the folder path needs to be mnt/cache/movies/family ??

therefore later, mover script will move these to the same folder on the array ??

1st post

#1 - You can change directories if you want, like use a .apps directory then put everything below that. Otherwise, it's fine.

#2 - This is in RAM. If you don't like that then use the SAB install directory.

#3 - You don't need to change these for CP or SB to process.

2nd post.

No. You write to /mnt/user/movies and the cache drive will be used according to the share settings just like writing to the user share from the network.

Peter

so is that to say that having the cache disk in place overides and i do not have to intervene, i just carry on telling SAB to move my films upon completion to the movies folder and because i have a cache drive it will go there first and get moved later without me even knowing it as such ?

and where you type /user/ is that to say i type /warptower which is what i named my unraid install ??

I really need to learn some basic linux and terminology but i just dont know where to start, i know what your explaining should be easy to understand but without the fundamentals its impossible..the question i just asked above is a stupid question, i know it is..but without knowing the basic im lost.

So given my ignorance, on my SAb install on config\user folders i have set for 'completed download folder' >> /mnt/cache/.sabnzbd/complete, is this wrong ? should it be mnt/warptower/completed given i have created the 'completed' share on the array ?

You are comfusing the local location vs the network location. /mnt/user/movies is the internal location of the network location \\warptower\movies.

Log-on to your server and cd to the /mnt directory and look around and it should be clear. hint - ls is the command to list the contents of the directory.

Peter

You are comfusing the local location vs the network location. /mnt/user/movies is the internal location of the network location \\warptower\movies.

Log-on to your server and cd to the /mnt directory and look around and it should be clear. hint - ls is the command to list the contents of the directory.

Peter

Sloooooowly getting my head round it, i think. I followed your suggestion, i have a user and also user0, is this normal ?? both locations have all the same shares i created, still a little confused with SAB and cache drive though...i created a share called 'downloads' & 'movies' and enabled cache disk on those shares.

I have set temp download folder in SAB config to  >> /mnt/user/downloads/

I have set completed download folder to >>> /mnt/user/downloads/completed  <<< i created 'completed' folder inside downloads share.

In the categories section i have set...

mnt/user/movies/BD movies

mnt/user/movies/kids movies

mnt/user/movies/my movies

Movies is a share i created, BD movies, kids movies & my movies are all folders in side the movies share, given i have enabled cache disk on movies share it will apply to all subfolders ? and is this going to work in that it will use the cache disk and at 3.40 am all the files will be moved to thier respective folders i elected in the catergories section (as long as i set the catergory when its downloading).

question...if this is correct and works, what happens if my cache disk is 320gb and i download 600gb before 3.40am ?? theres not enough room on the cache disk

Thanks..

I think i am nearly there, i left something downloading last night,its moved from the cache drive and gone to the completed downloads folder

\\tower\downloads\complete

however, in the catergories section i set a cat for psp so that it would be moved to

\\tower\psp

the files are actually sitting in \\WARPTOWER\downloads\complete\mnt\user\psp

how is this ??

what are you saying, i have no choice but to have them moved to folders within the completed folder ??, i had this on my QNAP, the same downloads folder existed on that, i had a TV and movie share outside from that and files were moved to there without issue once completed

Archived