Schedule a shutdown of uTorrent

kizer

I'm currently having a few issues with uTorrent and I've had to shut it off a few times now and then, but I was wondering if there is a bit of windows code or magic floating around where I could use some command line and kill a windows process and then use the Task Scheduler to restart at a certain time?

I'm fully aware you can use the Scheduler function in uTorrent to turn on/off, but I'm not trying to schedule when it downloads, but when its on/off. Its hanging and not running a download when the scheduler is supposed to be on.

I know this isn't a uTorrent support site, but if I can get some advice on how to shut off any app via command line then I could apply it to this problem and future problems that might arise.

I'm currently having a few issues with uTorrent and I've had to shut it off a few times now and then, but I was wondering if there is a bit of windows code or magic floating around where I could use some command line and kill a windows process and then use the Task Scheduler to restart at a certain time?

I'm fully aware you can use the Scheduler function in uTorrent to turn on/off, but I'm not trying to schedule when it downloads, but when its on/off. Its hanging and not running a download when the scheduler is supposed to be on.

I know this isn't a uTorrent support site, but if I can get some advice on how to shut off any app via command line then I could apply it to this problem and future problems that might arise.

A batch script that can be run by Task Scheduler.  You can use pkill to kill uTorrent I believe.

I found this temporarly by tinkering around.

http://www.techsupportalert.com/how_to_schedule_programs_to_run_automatically.htm

Looks like you can run as as schedule and then run the following in the key spot.

{WAIT=1000}%F{WAIT=1000}X

Wait waits 1000 milliseconds | %F says ALT+F | wait 1000 milliseconds | then click X

Of course you have to type in your application loaction, There is a few other apps on that site I might tinker with like the command line one opposed to running another scheduler, but this might serve my purpose for a bit. ;)