iTunes questions

Currently I am running unraid 4.7 with unMenu installed.  I have around a 60gb size iTunes library running off of the server.  For some reason songs in iTunes will not play off the server.  Itunes will play the first 2 to 3 seconds of the song and then skip to the next track.  Through some research I've learned that iTunes doesn't like smb shares for some reason. 

Here's what is strange to me though.  I also run Plex on a mac mini which runs all it's media from the unraid server.  I installed the iTunes plugin on Plex and all my music streams fine over the network through Plex, which is essentially running off iTunes. 

I really would like to stream my music directly from iTunes especially to my iPhone to have my own cloud where I can stream my whole iTunes library to my phone from anywhere.  This currently works by using the plex app for ios but It isn't compatible with my clarion dvd deck in my truck that accesses my ipod on my phone and not the plex app.  I need to be able to stream my itunes library directly from my ipod in my phone for this to work.  Is this possible or do I have to wait for unraid 5.0?  Thanks for any help.