Override/Custom Shutdown Script

Go to solution Solved by JonathanM,

Is there a way for me to override the commands (or some of the commands) that Unraid runs on Stop Array/Shutdown/Reboot?

I have two problems I am trying to solve:

1. Docker container that will not SIGTERM

One of my containers for whatever reason does not respond to the stop command. I have to manually `docker kill container-name` or it blocks the shutdown forever. Even when reaching the Docker Stop Timeout it doesn't get past this. I tried a user script on stopping of array, but that event doesn't fire until after Docker is stopped.

2. Docker container shutdown order

Another container relies on a PGSQL container. When shutting down, it attempts to run cleanup tasks and sync information to the DB. When manually stopping docker this is not a problem. However on shutdown Unraid stops all the containers at the same time. The DB stops immediately and then the container depending on it throws errors attempting to run its own shutdown. It fails to stop and then is killed when Docker Stop Timeout has elapsed. This takes much longer than a graceful shutdown and I am concerned about what is happening to the data that it's trying to send to the DB during graceful shutdown.

If I can override the scripts that are running on shutdown (or, less ideal but still workable, run my own script before the regular shutdown script) I can resolve both of these issues by killing the one container (I'm not concerned about forced shutdown for that one) and stopping the other containers in an order of my choosing.

I am comfortable with bash and writing the script myself, I just need to know how I can do so.