lian li pc-q25 users

Currently have a PC-Q25 and was looking to add 2.5" drives in the 3.5" bays. I have a 2.5 to 3.5 adapter but the drive doesn't seem to line up, doesn't seem to want to fit and don't want to push too hard.

Anyone that has the case, have you been able to get 2.5" drives in? Tried looking online but no mentions of it.

Many Thanks.

I have a PC-Q25 and 3.5" drives mount perfectly (as you would expect with a Lian Li case).  3.5" drives are built with standardized locations for SATA and power connections and mounting holes to work in hot swap bays.  I would imaging 2.5" drives are standardized as well.

My best guess is either the adapter you have wasn't designed to use in a hot swap bay, or you have some assembly error mounting the drive in the adapter or the drive rails.

Unfortunately Lian Li never offered a 3.5 to 2.5 adapter, but there are third party ones for hot swap bays.

First hit from Google at Amazon

10 hours ago, ConnerVT said:

I have a PC-Q25 and 3.5" drives mount perfectly (as you would expect with a Lian Li case).  3.5" drives are built with standardized locations for SATA and power connections and mounting holes to work in hot swap bays.  I would imaging 2.5" drives are standardized as well.

My best guess is either the adapter you have wasn't designed to use in a hot swap bay, or you have some assembly error mounting the drive in the adapter or the drive rails.

Unfortunately Lian Li never offered a 3.5 to 2.5 adapter, but there are third party ones for hot swap bays.

First hit from Google at Amazon

It may just be the adapter I have as it is quite old and probably not designed for it. Didn't even think of the caddy that you linked, will look into testing one out. thank you. Might as well try and get use out of the hot swap bays as I no longer have them all occupied with HDDs.

What I linked is just an example.  It was literally the first hit on my first Google search.

Do some shopping around, and look for the listing to explicitly say it is for use in hot swap bays.  And remember that you will likely need to put the Lian Li rails on it, so be sure that what you buy has the appropriate mounting holes.