VMWare esxi crashed

dertbv

Ok i have been running 12a in esxi for about two weeks,  Everything has been working real sweet.  Very happy with my setup.  I have 2 LSI cards that I am using in Pass Through for unraid.  For some reason ESXI locked up.  rebooted and thought everything was ok.  Well i went to start the unraid system and esxi locked up again. if I remove the LSI cards it starts fine.  I used a back up compy of the vmware and assigned the LSI cards and dam if that did not lock up.

I reinstalled esxi and tried again.  Everytime I assign the LSI cards and try to load the unraid vmware it locks up.  I created a new vmware client and copied the 12a over to it and dam if it does not lock up as soon as i use the LSI cards in pass through. 

I can both he machine off of the usb and the lsi cards have no problem seeing my drives and is currently doing a parity check.  I am at a loss for why my pass through is locking up.  I have rebooted the vmware client no less than 8 times in the last few days testing out different unraid plugins.  I have made no changes in hardware so I am searching few any clues as to why it is mis behavin.

ESXI 5

super micro x9scm

e3-1240

16gb

9 drives

parity

cache

2 m1015 flashed to lsi

I just don't get it i never applied the hack to my machine and it worked.  I went back and tried again and it still would not work .  However after i reset up all of my other VM's it started working again.  The hack is not required for these cards?

I am working on a friends machine that does require the hack.  he is running esxi 4.1,  with MV8 cards.  With out the cards it boots and reconigizes the usb.  When we add the passthrough it fails to find the usb for he license but it shows up as /dev/sdb  What could be causing this?

thanks

For those that are interested he was using a AOC-SAT-MV8.  we had to change the map to

# Marvell Technologies, Inc. MV6081

11ab  6081  d3d0    false

We did not have to edit the VMX.  But we did change to SCSI to BusLogicParallel.

After those changes he is up and running.

Dam It!

Just when i thought all was good my esxi locked again booting unraid.  I am passing through the m1015 adds it locks as soon as i power the vm on.  well not actually lock but grinds to a halt.  It hangs at 20% for a few seconds and then i get an unable to connect to the mks time out while attempting to read.

I am not sure where my problem lies.  I have edited the vmx file for mis false.  But then it tells me that the vmx files is invalid.

can someone with my set up give me a few pointers.

ESXI 5, unRaid 12a, X9SCM, E1240 2@M1015 in slots 6-7, 16G ram

Boot Config linux32, 1G Ram, 2LSI Passthrough, USB,

thanks