Best bluetooth keyboard/mouse for HTPC?

Rajahal

The bluetooth keyboard I have works fine for entering bios, actually, when booting up is the most responsive it ever is.

Then it has HID proxy mode. :P

This is not a feature of the keyboard device itself but of the dongle / transmitter-plug.

Would you care to share make&model and maybe what lspci & lsusb has to say about your dongle?

I'll attach the output of lsusb for the bluetooth dongle, lspci didn't have any useful information, I believe because the id database is missing.

Make and model is: Rocketfish(best buy brand) Model No. RF-BTAPDT

I've had this thing for probably 4-5 years so don't know if the model will help any, might though.

EDIT: Forgot to attach the lsusb output.

bluetooth.txt

• 3 weeks later...

i know you said bluetooth. ive cut my cable off about 2 years ago and i have been using http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823126039

Logitech diNovo Mini. Its of course not a full keyboard but pretty damn close. It works great granted i am only aprox 15 feet from the comp to the couch but never cuts out. i have dropped it several dozen times and still going strong. I bought a normal wireless keyboard and mouse and was garbage probably bad brand but i got this and havent looked back since! good luck

on a side note any ideas why my comp takes so long to boot when i have bluetooth usb dongle plugged in ? lol ???

I've looked at the diNovo Mini several times, but I just can't justify the cost.  Plus, I'm trying to avoid phone-like keyboards, since I could just as easily use my Droid 2's keyboard (there must be an app for that?  I know there is for iOS).

I'm still reasonably happy with my Logitech K700.  In case any one else wants to give it a try, it happens to be on sale again for $35: link.

There's actually quite a few apps for that, lol. I've played with some, they are handy to have installed. If the remote goes temporarily missing, or you go in the other room for a "second" and see your gonna be there a little longer than expected, just pull out your phone and hit stop or whatever needs done. I'm pretty sure there are a few that work over the internet, not just WIFI, and you can have fun with loved ones too! Start/stop the tv, volume up and down,  :P

ya it is expenisve i spend 80$ on a combo keyboard & Mouse http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823202005 worst 80$ ive ever spent such a pos stopped working within a month i didnt even want to deal with warranty i was so mad ha ha...bought dinovo mini havent looked back. I watch EVERYTHING on my HTPC and the only time i ever need a full keyboard is when i need to get into bios for something. But just based on my experience its definitely a lot nicer than trying to use an APP and can thumb type with it very easily and moving your thumb to the mouse is seamless. and of course is small will easily go on your coffee table without issues. im just a huge fan of this. because i like to spend money on things i cant afford i was looking into touch screen remotes but i dont think there is one that will control a lot of things on the comp? I like the idea of turning everything on with one click and like the sexiness of touch screen if anyone can suggest pm me i dont want to hijack thread. maybe ill do my own nevermind ha...

ps. how the heck do i rename a hyperlink on here?