Cache drive spin down

Anyone know if i need to setup anything special in 5b12a to allow the cache drive to spin down?  I just got a new unraid server and am having two issues.  First is the cache drive doesn't seem to spin down and secondly the activity led on my parity drive is constantly lit.  I'm using a 2tb wd black for cache and a 2tb 7200 seagate for parity both connected to a m1015 on a supermicro x9scm mb.

nothing on the cache drive no.  Have some packages installed like cache_dirs, simple features, snap thats about it.

hmm one of those could be keeping it spun up. i had trouble with simple features spinning my drives up to get the temp.

if you have a smart phone you could shut down all the computers and see if it spins down then.

looking in another thread i found this

Quote from: limetech on August 30, 2011, 02:09:32 PM

The 'mdcmd spindown' command only spins down drives that are part of the array (parity and data drives).  The cache drive is spun down using the 'hdparm' command.

The reason for this is because the unraid driver keeps track of disk spinning/not spinning in order to implement "spinup groups".

Archived