Y no 1 wants to reply - Cannot access data from Ubuntu11, says Permission Denied

Dase,

Thanks for the reply. This place almost made me pull my hair. Anyways I am new to linux world. I don't have any password for my unraid server, so what to replace the blank password?

//192.168.0.10/disk1 /mnt/disk1 cifs username=root,password=<unRAID user password>,noperms,uid=nobody,gid=users 0 0

Also, so i need to use the command prompt of ubuntu instead of GUI?

I'm not sure how to do it from the GUI. From the command prompt, do something similar to the following.

1. On your Ubuntu box create a directory to hold your unRAID shares. I created one at the root called tower.

sudo mkdir /tower
sudo mkdir /tower/disk1

2. Let's mount the unRAID disk1 inside your Ubuntu /tower/disk1 (my unRAID is at 192.168.0.10, change this to match yours):

sudo mount -t cifs -o noperm,user=<unraid user>,password=,uid=nobody,gid=users //192.168.0.10/disk1 /tower/disk1

3. Check to make sure it worked:

cd /tower/disk1
ls

You should see your unRAID disk1 directories.

Dase, may be miss-communicated the issue to you. I cannot connect to my unraid box from my network. The gui and share cannot be accessed. So I am trying to physically connect the unraid drives to ubuntu machine (thru usb or sata) and then access the data that ways. So connecting to unraid from ubuntu cannot happen.

As i thought, IP address did not work. I attached the drive to ubuntu system and located the path. The problem now is it show the folder empty. I know there is content in there coz used another tool on window that did show the data in there but was read-only tool, so relief there, but could not copy/paste. Suggestions?