flexget unMenu package

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You will need to change line 213 of the .conf file

Line 213:

PACKAGE_INSTALLATION       echo "            echo \"${vFLEXGET_SCHEDULE} /usr/bin/flexget --cron -c ${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.flexget}/config.yml --logfile=${vLOG_DIR}/flexget.log\\\" >> /tmp/crontab" >> /etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_flexget

Line 218:

PACKAGE_INSTALLATION       echo "         su nobody -c \"/usr/bin/flexget-webui -c ${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.flexget}/config.yml --logfile=${vLOG_DIR}/flexget.log --port=${vINSTALL_PORT} --username=${vUSERNAME} --password=${vPASSWORD} -d > /dev/null 2>&1\"" >> /etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_flexget

I'll assume you meant change line 218.  If I change it to the following, is it correct ?

PACKAGE_INSTALLATION       echo "         /usr/bin/flexget-webui -c ${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.flexget}/config.yml --logfile=${vLOG_DIR}/flexget.log --port=${vINSTALL_PORT} --username=${vUSERNAME} --password=${vPASSWORD} -d > /dev/null 2>&1" >> /etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_flexget

I'm a bit confused and would prefer to have it validated before screwing anything up on the next reboot.

At least in the file I am looking at it is line 213.  You might have word wrap on or something like that which is screwing up the line numbering on your end.

There is also something on line 218 but that is for the flexget-webgui and has nothing to do with the cron schedule.

• 3 weeks later...

I spent some time debugging the error I had.  In the end it has nothing to do with su nobody.  When flexget runs it create a config.lock file.  For some reason the first time flexget runs after a server restart, it doesn't delete config.lock.  Subsequent attempts to run give the error I reported.

Manually deleting config.lock solves the problem and subsequent flexget runs are fine.

I spent some time debugging the error I had.  In the end it has nothing to do with su nobody.  When flexget runs it create a config.lock file.  For some reason the first time flexget runs after a server restart, it doesn't delete config.lock.  Subsequent attempts to run give the error I reported.

Manually deleting config.lock solves the problem and subsequent flexget runs are fine.

Interesting... where is this config.lock file located?

Interesting... where is this config.lock file located?

In my install directory.  which on my box is /mnt/cache/apps/flexget

Same place as config.yml and db-config.sqlite.  Also default for the log but I write that somewhere else.

• 4 months later...

I'm having trouble installing this - the pysqlight package seems to have moved from the location specified in the conf file. Is there an updated conf file? I had a quick search for the package to grab it manually, but I couldn't find it.

Anyone managed to install this pluging recently?

Cheers.

--

Log excerpt below:

--2012-10-07 21:38:04-- http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/zenwalk/i486/current/extra/l/pysqlite-2.5.6-i486-64.1.txz

Resolving distro.ibiblio.org (distro.ibiblio.org)... 152.19.134.43

Connecting to distro.ibiblio.org (distro.ibiblio.org)|152.19.134.43|:80... connected.

HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 301 Moved Permanently

Location: /zenwalk/i486/current/extra/l/pysqlite-2.5.6-i486-64.1.txz [following]

--2012-10-07 21:38:04-- http://distro.ibiblio.org/zenwalk/i486/current/extra/l/pysqlite-2.5.6-i486-64.1.txz

Reusing existing connection to distro.ibiblio.org:80.

HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found

2012-10-07 21:38:04 ERROR 404: Not Found.

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like this is broken now -- the .egg file that it linked to is no longer hosted by flexget.

The new method for flexget looks to be as simple as:

curl https://raw.github.com/pypa/pip/master/contrib/get-pip.py | python
pip install flexget

I'm not sure how to keep it from re-downloading all the dependencies after every reboot yet, but I'm sure that can be done.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Got it installed nicely.

A couple of things.

1) When I try to stop the array to hangs now until I force a umount -l of the cache drive.

2) My flexget log has started reporting these errors again

2013-07-06 16:30 WARNING  cron_env                      Your cron environment has different filesystem encoding (ANSI_X3.4-1968) compared to your terminal environment (UTF-8).

2013-07-06 16:30 WARNING  cron_env                      Your current cron environment results filesystem encoding ANSI_X3.4-1968 which supports only ASCII letters in filenames.

other than that it works fine.  Thanks

1) When I try to stop the array to hangs now until I force a umount -l of the cache drive.

This is to be expected from an unMenu package.  They do not tie into the stop and start events of the array so you have to stop them manually.  There is a button in the User Scripts section that should allow you to start or stop flexget before you stop the array.

2013-07-06 16:30 WARNING  cron_env                      Your cron environment has different filesystem encoding (ANSI_X3.4-1968) compared to your terminal environment (UTF-8).

2013-07-06 16:30 WARNING  cron_env                      Your current cron environment results filesystem encoding ANSI_X3.4-1968 which supports only ASCII letters in filenames.

I can look into this but I don't think it is anything to worry about.

• 2 weeks later...
flexget apparently did not install properly, /usr/bin/flexget does not exist.

root@unRAID:/usr/bin/flexget# <- does exist

Log:

Installed FlexGet to /mnt/disk1/Apps/flexget

config.yml file already exists

Created unraid.d directory

Created init script, /etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_flexget

Created unmenu start script, /boot/unmenu/44-unmenu_user_script_start_flexget

Created unmenu start script, /boot/unmenu/44-unmenu_user_script_stop_flexget

Jul 18 05:57:32 unRAID su[883]: Successful su for nobody by root

Jul 18 05:57:32 unRAID su[883]: + ??? root:nobody

Started flexget

Started flexget-webui

Edit:

I can add that i started writing a .plg that installed flexget fine, but I never finished it :) I didn't need /usr/bin/flexget for anything, and i am a n00b so I was happy when someone finally made a "working" installer...

flexget apparently did not install properly, /usr/bin/flexget does not exist.

root@unRAID:/usr/bin/flexget# <- does exist

Log:

Installed FlexGet to /mnt/disk1/Apps/flexget

config.yml file already exists

Created unraid.d directory

Created init script, /etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_flexget

Created unmenu start script, /boot/unmenu/44-unmenu_user_script_start_flexget

Created unmenu start script, /boot/unmenu/44-unmenu_user_script_stop_flexget

Jul 18 05:57:32 unRAID su[883]: Successful su for nobody by root

Jul 18 05:57:32 unRAID su[883]: + ??? root:nobody

Started flexget

Started flexget-webui

Edit:

I can add that i started writing a .plg that installed flexget fine, but I never finished it :) I didn't need /usr/bin/flexget for anything, and i am a n00b so I was happy when someone finally made a "working" installer...

Hum, I will look into this when i get a chance.  If everything installed and it is working then great.

@prostuff

2013-07-06 16:30 WARNING  cron_env                      Your cron environment has different filesystem encoding (ANSI_X3.4-1968) compared to your terminal environment (UTF-.

I don't think that these errors have any real significance. I ran with them for years. They are however irritating and they sure fill up a flexget logfile.

The only way to get rid of them in my case was to have cron call a script that sets the environment variable rather than running flexget directly:

#!/bin/bash
export LANG=en_US.UTF-8
flexget -c /mnt/user/transmission/flexget/shows.yml --cron

seems to work in my (non unmenu package) flexget install.

• 1 month later...

I recently upgraded to UNRAID 5.0, and thought now would be a good time to switch from my own installation of an old flexget to using this package.

It seemed to install okay, but when I run /usr/bin/flexget or the web UI it stops with the error below.

root@storage:~# python -V
Python 2.6.4
root@storage:~# python -c 'import sqlalchemy; print sqlalchemy.__version__'
root@storage:~# python -c "import flexget; print flexget.__version__"

This bug says that the version of Python is buggy: http://flexget.com/ticket/2183. Looking in the manual install script for this package, it seems to reference Python 2.7. But my unraid package only says Python 2.6.4.

2013-09-02 22:52 CRITICAL plugin                        Exception while loading plugin flexget.plugins.cli.movie_queue
2013-09-02 22:52 ERROR    plugin                        Error when calling the metaclass bases\n    mapper() keywords must be strings
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/flexget/plugin.py", line 397, in _load_plugins_from_dirs
    loaded_module = loader.load_module(name)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/pkgutil.py", line 238, in load_module
    mod = imp.load_module(fullname, self.file, self.filename, self.etc)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/flexget/plugins/cli/movie_queue.py", line 10, in <module>
    from flexget.plugins.filter.movie_queue import QueueError, queue_add, queue_del, queue_get, queue_forget, parse_what
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/flexget/plugins/filter/movie_queue.py", line 17, in <module>
    from flexget.plugins.filter import queue_base
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/flexget/plugins/filter/queue_base.py", line 26, in <module>
    class QueuedItem(Base):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/sqlalchemy/ext/declarative.py", line 1341, in __init__
    _as_declarative(cls, classname, cls.__dict__)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/sqlalchemy/ext/declarative.py", line 1336, in _as_declarative
    **mapper_args)
TypeError: Error when calling the metaclass bases
    mapper() keywords must be strings
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/flexget", line 8, in <module>
    load_entry_point('FlexGet==1.1', 'console_scripts', 'flexget')()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/flexget/__init__.py", line 23, in main
    plugin.load_plugins(parser)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/flexget/plugin.py", line 439, in load_plugins
    _load_plugins_from_dirs(get_standard_plugins_path())
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/flexget/plugin.py", line 397, in _load_plugins_from_dirs
    loaded_module = loader.load_module(name)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/pkgutil.py", line 238, in load_module
    mod = imp.load_module(fullname, self.file, self.filename, self.etc)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/flexget/plugins/cli/movie_queue.py", line 10, in <module>
    from flexget.plugins.filter.movie_queue import QueueError, queue_add, queue_del, queue_get, queue_forget, parse_what
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/flexget/plugins/filter/movie_queue.py", line 17, in <module>
    from flexget.plugins.filter import queue_base
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/flexget/plugins/filter/queue_base.py", line 26, in <module>
    class QueuedItem(Base):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/sqlalchemy/ext/declarative.py", line 1341, in __init__
    _as_declarative(cls, classname, cls.__dict__)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/sqlalchemy/ext/declarative.py", line 1336, in _as_declarative
    **mapper_args)
TypeError: Error when calling the metaclass bases
    mapper() keywords must be strings

How did you install python 2.7? I tried downloading the slackware txz, then doing this:

installpkg python-2.7.3-i486-2.txz

wget --no-check-certificate https://bitbucket.org/pypa/setuptools/raw/bootstrap/ez_setup.py -O - | python

But the installation complained loudly about hashlib not finding openssl functions it needed.

On the Python 2.7 thread, one of the later posts provided a build that worked well for me: https://truck.it/p/Vq3zpArAKB

So I updated my go script to manually install that python before kicking off unmenu (so that python is installed before flexget auto-starts).

installpkg /boot/python/python-2.7.3-i686-5PTr.txz
/boot/unmenu/uu

• 2 months later...