[SOLVED] How to turn off Jobs email

I recently installed the mail and status package from unMenu (I'm using unRaid 4.7) and it's working great except for one thing. I get emails whenever a scheduled job runs.

For instance, I use the "at" command to change my samba  config to a limited read-only state after 30min of reloading samba to a open/write config. I'm being specific here because, I'm not sure if it's the samba reload or the scheduled task activating the email.

It's not the status script, I'm fairly sure. How can I prevent this? Many Thanks.

I recently installed the mail and status package from unMenu (I'm using unRaid 4.7) and it's working great except for one thing. I get emails whenever a scheduled job runs.

For instance, I use the "at" command to change my samba  config to a limited read-only state after 30min of reloading samba to a open/write config. I'm being specific here because, I'm not sure if it's the samba reload or the scheduled task activating the email.

It's not the status script, I'm fairly sure. How can I prevent this? Many Thanks.

At jobs will send mail only if there is output.  Redirect all stdout and stderr output to /dev/null and there will be no mail.

Thanks!

Something like this?

at -f /boot/scripts/samba_restart.sh now +30 minutes &> /dev/null

never used the -f option, so I really don't know.  I also never put the redirection after the & putting a command in the background.  (Unless "&>" has a special meaning to the bash shell I'm not familiar with)

You seem to have re-directed the output of the "at" command, not the command being executed, so odds are it will not work as you expected.

Joe L.

I'm no bash expert, but &> redirects both stdout and stderr. The -f switch tells 'at' to run the file name when executed. I still get an email. Oh well, I will tackle this later.

I would so something like this:

echo "/boot/scripts/samba_restart.sh 1>/dev/null 2>&1" | at now +30 minutes

That way the redirection to /dev/null is applied to the command being invoked rather than the "at" command as you have it.