Asus P5b Deluxe boot problem [Solved]

Ok, not sure if anyone will be able to help me with this, but here it goes...

I need to add a 12th hard drive to my system.  In the motherboard's eyes (ASUS P5B Deluxe), it's the 13th hard drive as the USB flash drive is treated like a hard drive.  In the BIOS, in order to boot from the flash drive, I have to make the flash drive appear as "Hard Drive #1."  Very straight forward until I added the 12th hard drive as the list seems to stop at 12 hard drives. Thus, 1 drive is left off the list.  Annoyingly, it is the USB drive, thus, while the motherboard can see all the hard drives, I can't make the USB drive "drive #1", thus I can't boot to the USB drive with the 12th hard drive plugged in.  I don't have the latest version of the BIOS (I have 1004 and 1238 is the latest), but none of the release notes mention anything about adding more hard drive support.

Any ideas outside of updating the BIOS?

thanks,

calvin

ok,  solved my problem.  apparently, choosing to operate the USB as a hard drive wasn't the right choice, but rather as a forced fdd.  that and disabling quick boot enabled me to select a removable drive as a boot device, thus i could set the flash drive as the boot device there.

maybe this will help someone else.  took way too long to figure this out....

cal