Move News

limetech

Move to CA is mostly complete now.  We have a 4000sf space in Carlsbad, CA and we're still in the process of getting set up.  I will be posting some pix in about a week.  At present I am still in CO tying up some loose ends and expect to be working 100% on finishing 5.0 starting Monday.  My goal is to complete 5.0 by end of February.  Thanks to everyone for your patience - I realize it's almost inexcusable how long this has taken, but good things are coming!

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great news! Moving and working full time on your own business is always very difficult.

Although I like the news about trying to finish 5 in the next couple of weeks, I'd rather you promise to give us weekly updates, as I think most of us understand, v5 final could be a moving target once "we" (the users) get our hands on it ;):)

I realize it's almost inexcusable how long this has taken, but good things are coming!

I may have said it before - but you'd get even more patience and understanding with more frequent communication with what's going on.

I know for instance this post is probably having a lot of people sighing with relief :)

Periodic forum posts is not only a good decision from a support perspective but also a good business perspective. A very large selling point of UNRAID is the support users receive both officially and unofficially. I've recommended UNRAID to a few friends who have ended up using something else because they think it's a "dead" software because of the frequency of updates/communication dropping the past few months. Its obviously not true, but some people are definitely assuming it is.

Even a twitter account that's updated weekly could be a good idea if you're socially inclined...?

any chance to get 5.0 final build with DVB - TV card support ? for tvheadend

or maybe you can separetly create build like normal + DVB support

This is last thing wich is missed in unraid :( (and i think not only for me)

Will be great if we find it in final 5.0

I think most people reckon that would be a REALLY bad idea.  Unraid should be a fully optimized storage server.

Either:

-Get a super-cheap seperate box (even one of those pogo-plugs would work for a tv recording server) and mount unraid with NFS

or, if you MUST have only one physical box

-run VMWare ESX