Supermicro X8SIA-F Socket 1156 Motherboard $119 SOLD!

khelm

I am selling this on my ebay listing located here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/160729168071?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Supermicro X8SIA-F Socket 1156 Motherboard

Completed details for this board can be viewed directly from Supermicro’s website here.

http://www.supermicro.com/products/motherboard/Xeon3000/3400/X8SIA.cfm?IPMI=Y

Warning IPMI DOES NOT WORK due to a bad BMC (Baseboard Management Controller) Chipset

This board was in use for about 6 months on my fileserver before I tried to use IPMI functionality. IPMI was new to me and when I tried to get it to work it wouldn’t. I worked with Supermicro on trouble shooting the IPMI not functioning. After working with them for a while, they determined that the BMC chipset was bad and that the motherboard would have to be sent to them to have it repaired which I never did. Other than no IPMI functionality, the board worked great and was very stable running a Linux file server. I used this system for about a year with no problems other than the missing IPMI functionality.

Since I was running this board under Linux, I’m not sure if the faulty BMC chipset would prevent any of Supermicro’s hardware monitoring software under windows from working or not. I’m not sure if that is dependent on the BMC chipset or not.

If you don’t need IPMI functionality, this could make a very good cheap server motherboard for you. Please do not buy this motherboard if you want IPMI functionality!

I will provide a 60 day money back guarantee so you can be comfortable with buying this board at a bargain price while making sure it is stable for your needs. The only thing I ask is that the serial number of the motherboard is the same one that I sold to you!

The listing includes:

6 – SATA Cables

1 – Backplate

1 – Manual

1 – cd rom

1 – FDD Cable