Do you save your documents/photos on Unraid or PC?

Where do you primary save all your documents work and photos? Unraid or your local PC?

If you save all your documents/photos on Unraid and then acccess to Unraid  to view it - isn't that slow and annoying?

I usually keep all my documents and family/friends photos on my PC on the secondary drive (Windows 7).

I want to backup every week to the Unraid server automatically, what is the best solution to do this?

At the moment I use Unraid for movies storage only.

I believe it makes sense to keep things like photo's  / documents that don't exist anywhere else on your local PC AND Unraid (and obviously a copy off-site if they are really import to you).  Like you, I keep movies just on Unraid, as in a worst case scenario I could re-rip them. Working with the local version is obviously faster too.

Rather than a weekly backup, take a look at rsync to continually keep a backup of your important files.  I'm not sure what the best version is for Windows 7 - hopefully someone will come along an post a recommendation....

I only have one copy of movies, TV shows, & music and this is on my unraid server. Important documents, photos, home videos are stored on my main desktop PC (Win 7 home premium) and I use rsync to automatically backup these files to unraid. In order to do this I had to install deltacopy on the windows machine which is basically rsync ported to windows. Now that I have everything setup it works just as I wanted. I plan on setting up offsite backup (e.g. crashplan) when I convert to 5.0 when it's released.

Search the forums for deltacopy and you'll find a few useful threads on how to set it up.

Honestly I have a folder on my Windows7 Machine desktop labeled such as "Junk" I save everything in it and now and then I basically copy it over to my unRAID machine. Once all the contents are set to be moved I place docs in a docs folder, photos in a photo's folder and so on.

Movies, Tv Shows, MP3's and recently taken photos nearly get moved instantly when I'm done toying with them.

Important Photos and other things I store on the net