Seagate GoFlex Hard Drives - $65 for 2TB & $105 for 3TB

caimakale

It takes a little work, but it's not difficult.  I just ordered three 3TB hard drives for $111 each.

Directly from SlickDeals:

Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex External Hard Drives: 2TB USB 2.0 Drive (STBC2000100) $90 or less, 3TB USB 3.0 Drive (STAC3000101) $130 or less + Free Shipping

• Staples.com has 2TB Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex USB 2.0 External Hard Drive for $109.99 - $20 off coupon code 97751 = $89.99 with free shipping.
  • Staples also has 3TB Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex USB 3.0 External Hard Drive (STAC3000101) for $149.99 - $20 off coupon code 97751 = $129.99 with free shipping.

Click here to go to the hard drives on the Staples page.

You can buy a $25 off $75 coupon for $0.55 from http://www.e-junkie.com/keejohncoupons (this is who I bought mine from) via PayPal.  Delivery of the coupon code is sent immediately after payment via email. 

Some people have had a problem stacking the coupon code above (97751) with the 25 off 75 coupon.  I had no problems at all.  I didn't log in at all, added the product to my shopping cart, added the first coupon, then applied my 25 off 75 coupon, then checked out as a guest.  In all, I got $45 off the discounted price of $149.99 for the 3TB hard drive.  I'll crack these open and add the drives to my system.  I'm not too worried about the warranty status since it's only two years on these drives.

ugh..  I am in dire need of another 2TB drive for my array.  Are you able to use these as is after you take them out of the case?

flips

I ordered 2 of the 3TB drives.

I was able to pop them out of the case, with a little work and some patience.  After I pulled them I ran the drive serial number through the Seagate site and the drives themselves are covered under a warranty.

The HP deal is still pretty good.  I was in dire need of more space.  I was at a little more than 90% capacity on my 3TB with oly 50% of my DVD collection ripped and only three of my 8 computers backed up via crashplan.

My three 3TB drives shipped today and will arrive next week.  My system will be busy adding in the new drives and accepting all of the new data coming its way.  Hopefully my new Asus rt-n66u ships next week so my network will quit crashing.  My Netgear can't handle all of the connections and streams I'm throwing at it and it has to be rebooted every other day.

It takes a little work, but it's not difficult.

You can buy a $30 off $150 coupon for $0.79 from http://www.e-junkie.com/keejohncoupons (this is who I bought mine from) via PayPal.

Hi Caimakale and others:

I just got the earlier deal with the newer Seagate GoFlex Desk 2TB External USB 3.0 drive (x2). 

For everyone, Amazon has a "deal" for $109.99 each (after you place this in your cart) which Staples will Match and allow you to deduct the Coupon ($25/75 or $30/150) - if you did 2 individual drives w/coupon, it actually ends up cheaper, but what the heck!  Staples does charge Tax, which depending upon your state Amazon may not but both offer free shipping.  Links below:

Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-FreeAgent-GoFlex-External-STAC2000100/dp/B003ELOSJG/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1330116507&sr=8-5

109.99 @ in Cart or "See Price in Cart" - tab

Staples - http://www.staples.com/office/supplies/StaplesProductDisplay?storeId=10001&langId=-1&krypto=NU77kImmWkb3R217FwfmOya9P%2Bc0nX7%2Fnmlr%2BLBYE7qTGbl1Q6aoseneML0mtCSD869v3TugOuuT%0AaVq4CMni78JrE0FVj9GkeGPIEkZ%2FcjcmBe9nIF5Vyg%3D%3D 159.99 but price matched per Staples policy

I think this is equal to the original deal from 2 days ago and w/USB 3 might have newer and/or faster drives - enjoy!

Dave  8)

Thanks!  How do you get them to match the price and then apply the coupon?  Can this be done online?

-Jim

Hi Jim,

Yes, that is exactly how I did it, though I confirmed the process via Chat (with Amy) who insisted that I give her the link to Amazon first.  She then came back and stated that I could do it online or over the phone.  I chose to do it online, then went & bought the "Coupon" from eJunkie.  I applied the Coupon code (@ $0.79) for $ 30 off over $150 and submitted my Credit Card.  I then gave Amy my "order number" and she processed a rebate of ~ $ 109 + to my Credit Card.

As I noted, you might actually get more of a discount by doing 2 transactions (1 by you/1 by your wife ? or 1 online & 1 by phone) with 2 coupons from eJunkie, but I was happy with my net cost even with the $ 22 in tax I paid.

Considering that the cheapest 2TB drive is on Amazon at 109.99 +/- Tax and my Best Buy has it at $ 149.95 + Tax.  I think I got a pretty good deal.  $ 159 x 2 = $ 319.98 - $ 30 (coupon) + $ 22 Tax = $ 312.16 - ~ 109 = ~ $ 203 for 4TB.

Dave

I received one of the three drives today.  Opening it up was pretty easy as was removing the drive once it was open.  I ran the drive through the seagate warranty tool and it shows that there is still 1.5 years left on the warranty for the drive itself.

I'll install it as my parity drive later tonight after the wife and kids are in bed and the server is no longer being used.  That will give it time to rebuild the parity overnight and should be ready when the other two drives arrive tomorrow.

The 3TB drive itself is model ST3000DM001 - SATA 6Gb/s - 7200 RPM.  I'm very happy with this purchase, can't wait to get the others tomorrow.  I'm out of HD space and need to backup 5 more computers via crashplan as well as continue ripping the other half of my DVD/BluRay library.

One more thing I found interesting about my order from Staples.  All three drives were ordered separately so I could use a $25 off $75 coupon for each one.  Each drive was ordered within minutes of each other and all shipped at the same time.  The interesting thing is, all three shipped from different warehouses on the east coast and arrived at my local UPS facility at different times (actually, one is still en route after going through Phoenix last night).