Couple of questions regarding setup

Alright, I'm starting to reorganize everything and setup users/shares and split levels.

1. I created a user and I can't delete it now, using Version 5 rev 14. I choose delete and it does nothing. Am I missing something?

2. Should I run the permissions script fro the Utility section to be able to edit files remotely from my Windows PC?

Thanks in advance!

The permissions script may be needed after manipulating files via the command line.

I wouldn't run the script if that were the case.  The script will reset all permissions on all disks to the default.

If your playing with files on the command line, I hope you know enough to chmod/chown when appropriate.

I've transferred all of my content to UNraid, and even though I have full read/write access per the Users setup, I cannot rename/delete/move any files. I know to chmod/chown but if there was a script to give me the proper permissions to ALL files(as its not just a couple I can't access, its all) that would be the ticket. But if not, I'll do it myself.

Thanks

I've transferred all of my content to UNraid, and even though I have full read/write access per the Users setup, I cannot rename/delete/move any files. I know to chmod/chown but if there was a script to give me the proper permissions to ALL files(as its not just a couple I can't access, its all) that would be the ticket. But if not, I'll do it myself.

Thanks

It is exactly what the utility to fix permissions is for.  Find it on the Utils tab.

Archived