New: HP ProLiant N40L AMD Dual 1.5GHz Micro Server for $180 + free shipping

chip

Server Deals

HP ProLiant N40L AMD Dual 1.5GHz Micro Server for $180 + free shipping

$180

Editors' Choice

New: HP ProLiant N40L AMD Dual 1.5GHz Micro Server for $180 + free shipping

Today only, PC Connection Express offers the HP ProLiant N40L AMD Turion II Dual Core 1.5GHz Micro Server, model no. 658553-001, for $179.99 with free shipping. That's $20 under our January mention and, outside of a possible price mistake in December, it's the lowest total price we've ever seen for this server. (It's also a current low by $90.) It features an AMD Turion II Neo N40L 1.5GHz dual-core processor, 2GB RAM, 250GB hard drive, Gigabit Ethernet, and more. Note that no operating system is included.

I've looked thru the forums in the past when this server came up for sale. It looks to be a great deal for a small unRaid server. Is anyone running unRaid 5b14 on this? Does it have enough horsepower for things such as running SickBeard and SABnzbd or Transmission? I have 2 people in mind that could use one of these if they work well.

I've looked thru the forums in the past when this server came up for sale. It looks to be a great deal for a small unRaid server. Is anyone running unRaid 5b14 on this? Does it have enough horsepower for things such as running SickBeard and SABnzbd or Transmission? I have 2 people in mind that could use one of these if they work well.

I use this server with 5b14, sickbeard, sabnzbd, couch potato and crashplan and have no problems with it.  I upgraded to 8GB of ram and have 6 apple TV's that stream from it.  I highly recommend it.  I'm actually thinking of picking up another one to turn into a dedicated crashplan server.

I am working with one of these now. It is a nice little box. Super easy to get up and running and swap drives over from an older PC running unRaid. I have one issue though. I can not get the HP ProLiant to sleep. Does anyone have standby working with this server?

The MicroServer does not support sleep. It does support hibernation. The thread in my sig covers this and other Microserver jibber-jabber.