New Application: MovieGrabber - unMenu pkg (without Python 2.7) - Updated 3/11

Hello dragonfyre13,

Thanks for the reply.  Please see my reply below:

Also, make sure your logging directory is set OK (try setting it to "/tmp", though that will get blown away when you reboot)-- OK, I will do this

installed unraid package attached to post--yes

set everything the same as on the windows 7 box, but instead of mapped drives, pointed to local unraid drives (/mnt/user/Media/*something here*)--correct

set host to 0.0.0.0 (that's correct by the way, means "listen on all network interfaces on this box")--yes, thanks for the confirmation

restarted unraid or moviegrabber on unraid or windows 7?--restarted moviegrabber

Perhaps shut down unraid? --haven't tried this yet

Moviegrabber doesn't pull movies properly--yes 

I don't even see any indication that movie grabber is running. 

If that's the case, and I understand correctly, it sounds like you're running into our issue which should be fixed in next version. Basically, even after you have the search parameters right, it's not handling the sqlite connection properly and is throwing an error because of it. Supposed to be fixed this week at some point with the newest version of moviegrabber (2.16), as is the whole "not logging anything out on failure". If there's nothing (including an sqlite error) appearing in your logs, try removing everything from your search parameter field, see if that starts showing stuff in the logs.

I already reinstalled Moviegrabber and reconfigured, to no avail.  I guess I'll have to wait, unless you have another idea that I can try for the meantime?

Thanks

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be uploading a new version here in a few minutes after I finish testing v 2.1.7. Ideally it fixes the issue we've had, and 2.1.6 was skipped because of other problems. No reported issues as of yet with 2.1.7, but we'll see how well it goes as it was just released yesterday.

Also, figured I'd throw this in there: http://forums.sabnzbd.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10028

He posts on how to get couchpotato to clean up your moviegrabber downloads via post-processing, since moviegrabber only does preprocessing. Couchpotato will do the normal stuff, downloading of posters, etc. for your moviegrabber downloads in this case. Haven't tried it myself, but will be doing once I finish testing 2.1.7.

2.1.7 is tested and working nicely from what I've seen. jang430, it should work for you now. No more need to modify decimal.Decimal calls, I put in unzip as a dependency and check (for compat with unraid 4.7), and it's no longer throwing sqlite errors. I tested with newznab provider (nzb.ru) and nzbmatrix, both of them seem to work (straightforward settings, nothing fancy. Let me know if there's something that causes issue I'm unaware of).

Note, found out that nzb.ru supports https, but moviegrabber doesn't currently. Seems to be the same with nzbmatrix, it hits the http site only. So if you're concerned about going purely over HTTPS (I am to an extent, but will deal with it for now), you might want to wait until support is built in.

I just updated and I am still getting the decimal.decimal error when setting up my preferences for IMDB.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/mnt/cache/.moviegrabber/lib/site-packages/cherrypy/_cprequest.py", line 656, in respond
    response.body = self.handler()
  File "/mnt/cache/.moviegrabber/lib/site-packages/cherrypy/lib/encoding.py", line 188, in __call__
    self.body = self.oldhandler(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/mnt/cache/.moviegrabber/lib/site-packages/cherrypy/_cpdispatch.py", line 34, in __call__
    return self.callable(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/mnt/cache/.moviegrabber/MovieGrabber.py", line 4187, in save_config_imdb
    if decimal.Decimal(kwargs["good_rating2"]) != decimal.Decimal(0.0) and decimal.Decimal(kwargs["preferred_rating2"]) >= decimal.Decimal(kwargs["good_rating2"]):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/decimal.py", line 649, in __new__
    "First convert the float to a string")
TypeError: Cannot convert float to Decimal.  First convert the float to a string

I just updated and I am still getting the decimal.decimal error when setting up my preferences for IMDB.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/mnt/cache/.moviegrabber/lib/site-packages/cherrypy/_cprequest.py", line 656, in respond
    response.body = self.handler()
  File "/mnt/cache/.moviegrabber/lib/site-packages/cherrypy/lib/encoding.py", line 188, in __call__
    self.body = self.oldhandler(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/mnt/cache/.moviegrabber/lib/site-packages/cherrypy/_cpdispatch.py", line 34, in __call__
    return self.callable(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/mnt/cache/.moviegrabber/MovieGrabber.py", line 4187, in save_config_imdb
    if decimal.Decimal(kwargs["good_rating2"]) != decimal.Decimal(0.0) and decimal.Decimal(kwargs["preferred_rating2"]) >= decimal.Decimal(kwargs["good_rating2"]):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/decimal.py", line 649, in __new__
    "First convert the float to a string")
TypeError: Cannot convert float to Decimal.  First convert the float to a string

I also have the decimal error plus I don’t get the poster images on history/queue. Everything else is working.

the MD5 in the current .conf is a mismatch.....

I get 3874e7b4f05f2bb5eee6593ac238d6c5 for 2.1.7

also when I tried to install, the default install dir does not get created.....

also does not give me the option to have it reinstalled on re-boot?

also on the packages list after manually fixing the MD5 checksum in the .conf I am getting:

MovieGrabber

Installed, but version is different. Current version='2.1.5' expected '2.1.7'

when I access the web interface of MG, it is saying it is 2.1.5.....

Myk

Just curious,

Are there any advantages to this over CouchPotato? Or are they just simply different approaches & designs but the same functionality?

Just curious as to any possible differences between the two.

Edit:

Sorry just noticed the link to the SABnzbd forums in the first post which outlines the exact question quite nicely. Here it is for anybody wondering the same thing.

Q2. What is the difference between MovieGrabber and CouchPotato?.

A2. CouchPotato requires a user to input the movies he/she wishes to match on, CouchPotato then does a search for the title and if found then it will download it. MovieGrabber works differently by downloading movies depending on imdb criteria inputted by the user, this has the added benefit of automatically downloading movies without the need to keep adding in movie titles manually, instead movies will be

downloaded based on rating/votes/genre/character/actor/director etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. I badly want this package installed. Can anyone provide a step by step?

1. Install unMenu

2. Download .conf files in the first post

3. Place them in the packages folder on the flash drive

4. Load up unMenu and go to the package manager section

5. Find the Moviegrabber listing and proceed to install.

Hello prostuff1,

I did exactly what you instructed.  In fact, it's the usual way we install packages.  The only thing that I varied is I edited the variable to install to /boot/moviegrabber.

After installation, I see "Installed, but version is different.

Current version='' expected '2.1.7' (MD5 of existing downloaded file NOT matched - download may be corrupted or download URL no longer valid.)"

When I access the port I used, 8085, it shows error.  The page just isn't there.  I don't know what to do next.  I don't know how to remove the existing installation, and reinstall. 

I tried changing the install-dir to a different folder, e.g. /boot/mvgb, do a save, then click on the download button, hoping this will trigger a reinstallation.  Nothing is being done.  The Download isn't working.  the folder wasn't even being created.

Hope you can help.

Hello prostuff1,

As of the moment, I still use the free version.  I've installed couchpotato, sickbeard to one of the shares that I created.  But there are times after bootup, the shares still aren't available, and you won't have the configuration that you configured before.  Hence, although knowing that the usb will die early than late, I chose to do this. 

Is there anywhere else that you can recommend to install this?

What do you mean by the download is no longer there?  Do I just download once again, and install again?

Hello prostuff1,

As of the moment, I still use the free version.  I've installed couchpotato, sickbeard to one of the shares that I created.  But there are times after bootup, the shares still aren't available, and you won't have the configuration that you configured before.  Hence, although knowing that the usb will die early than late, I chose to do this. 

Is there anywhere else that you can recommend to install this?

What do you mean by the download is no longer there?  Do I just download once again, and install again?

The moviegrabber download (moviegrabber-src-2.1.7.zip) at the url does not exist anymore.  It looks like 2.1.8 is available so the .conf file will have to be updated.

Ok.  Will try to reinstall.  Thanks.  In the meantime, without a cache drive, where do you suggest I install to?  To one of the shares?

To a disk in the array or an alternate flash drive.  Putting these apps on the flash drive which could possibly contain a license file is not advised.

prostuff1,

You mean I create a folder on one of the disks and install there, even though the disk is part of a share?  Is this the best practice? 

Thanks for the tip, I didn't thought of it.

There are a number of different ways to go about it, but the general consensus is that you should not be installing these apps to your main flash drive (the one that runs unRAID).

1. You can use another flash drive mounted via the go script or with SNAP

2. You can use the cache drive and use a hidden folder (one with a "." in front of it) or a cache-only share

3. You can use another HDD outside the array mounted via the go script or SNAP

4. You can create an Apps share on only one specific drive and put all your app install in that

I use the cache drive as it is handy and already available.

prostuff1,

You mean I create a folder on one of the disks and install there, even though the disk is part of a share?  Is this the best practice? 

Thanks for the tip, I didn't thought of it.

There are a number of different ways to go about it, but the general consensus is that you should not be installing these apps to your main flash drive (the one that runs unRAID).

I'd like to append a comment to this:

the general consensus is that you should not be installing these apps to your main flash drive (the one that runs unRAID)

IF the app frequently writes to the flash drive.

it is perfectly fine to install an app to the flash drive if it doe not constantly write to the flash drive after being invoked.

Joe L.