New Application: Maraschino - unMenu pkg (XBMC frontend with app integrations)

Homepage: http://www.maraschinoproject.com/

Github link (as there is not yet a release version): https://github.com/mrkipling/maraschino

Description (shamelessly pillaged from the homepage):

What is Maraschino?

I wanted a simple web interface to act as a nice overview/front page for my XBMC HTPC. I couldn't find anything that suited my requirements so I created something myself.

It is free, open-source software. Use and modify it as you wish. If you're a developer and XBMC enthusiast, consider forking it on GitHub and creating something cool. We're all doing this for fun!

Here are some of its features:

• Customisable applications module providing quick access to your web interfaces (e.g. SABnzb+, SickBeard, or whatever else you want to link to)
  • Recently added episodes module - click an episode to play it in XBMC
  • Media library browser - browse your movies and TV shows, and click to play in XBMC
  • SABnzbd+ module which appears when something is downloading and hides again when finished - shows you what is currently downloading, speed, time/MB remaining, and a progress bar
  • Currently playing bar with play/pause/stop controls
  • trakt.tv module which shows you what people are saying about the episode or movie that you're watching, and allows you to add your own shouts (requires a free trakt.tv account)
  • Sickbeard module which allows you to browse upcoming episodes and manage Sickbeard directly from Maraschino
  • Disk space module showing you used/remaining space on your various drives
  • Full-screen background image changes to the fanart of what you're currently watching (optional, can be turned off)
  • Customisable from within the application itself - add new modules, rearrange them and modify their settings without touching any settings files!

Screenshots:

screenshot1_thumb.jpgscreenshot2_thumb.jpg

Let me know if there are issues with the installer, I already know of a handful with the app (the way it parses out some things in XBMC's API fail, tries to cast a dict to a float among other things). Tested a bit, clean installs, upgrades, etc. and it looked good enough for an upload. Version number is pulled from the folder name out of the tar file, since this is a non-release file (they haven't released a stable version yet).

Thanks to prostuff1 and mrmachine, based the scripts off of some of their work. Thanks to Joe L for help with daemonization on the moviegrabber package, reused it here.

CHANGE LOG

2/26/12 - Initial upload, tested it somewhat and seems to work, at least worth an upload. No known bugs, but let me know.

If you have any issues with the INSTALL please post the following:

unRAID version, other addon's, and the output of all these commands

ps -ef | grep Maraschino
cat PACKAGE_DIRECTORY/maraschino*.tar.gz.auto_install
cat PACKAGE_DIRECTORY/maraschino*.tar.gz.manual_install
ls ***OF THE INSTALL DIRECTORY OF maraschino***
cd ***maraschino install directory***
cat /var/log/syslog | grep -i Maraschino
python Maraschino.py

Let that last one run for about 30 seconds, and Ctrl+C to shut down the server. Give me the output from all those, and I should be able to work out most issues.

This requires python (2.6), openssl, sqlite

maraschino-unmenu-package.conf

My biggest issue is once I got it set up I realized I didn't really have a use for it, I already keep a browser open with tabs to unraid, SAB, sickbeard & Couchpotato open, and the only one I really need to refer to is the SAB one for if something downloaded. I use a harmony remote for the tv itself so I don't need it on a laptop or anything. Viewing it on a tablet would be cool, but it doesnt function too hot on the android browser.

My uses aside though, the unmenu plugin and the app itself work great!

My biggest issue is once I got it set up I realized I didn't really have a use for it, I already keep a browser open with tabs to unraid, SAB, sickbeard & Couchpotato open, and the only one I really need to refer to is the SAB one for if something downloaded. I use a harmony remote for the tv itself so I don't need it on a laptop or anything. Viewing it on a tablet would be cool, but it doesnt function too hot on the android browser.

My uses aside though, the unmenu plugin and the app itself work great!

my remote is broke so I love the keyboard passthrough.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...