(Solved) Issues with Sabnzbd plugin & Cache Dr... screenshots and help!

Hello all,

I'm at my wits end. I don't know why a test file I have downloaded to the Cache Drive via Sabnzbd is not being moved. My issue is that I get this error message in the log when the Mover Script on is initialized at the time I set it. Here is what the log states:

Mar  1 01:30:01 Tower logger: mover started

Mar  1 01:30:01 Tower logger: skipping */

Mar  1 01:30:01 Tower logger: mover finished

I have followed, or at least I think I have, the directions on how to setup Sabnzbd and the Cache Drive. I have included my syslog, and screenshots of how I have things setup. I'm only using Sabnzbd and don't plan on using SB or CP. I also have only one User Share which is Movies. I haven't enabled  the 'Enabled Movie Sorting' option on Sabnzbd, is that necessary to move the file to the array? My understanding is that the Cache drive looks for the downloaded folder in Sabnzbd and moves whatever is there to the array, more specifically the User Share (in my case Movies). Can anyone help?

I'm using the Sabnzbd plugin on 5.0b14

syslog-2012-03-01.txt

Screen_Shot_2012-03-01_at_4_39.30_PM.png.affc26f3991bbfad5e63a41685992cd3.png

Screen_Shot_2012-03-01_at_4_40.42_PM.png.f15acb9a2ee52a1198216de5a7b2f5f6.png

My understanding is that the Cache drive looks for the downloaded folder in Sabnzbd and moves whatever is there to the array, more specifically the User Share (in my case Movies). Can anyone help?

Mover won't "see" the Downloads folder because the /mnt/cache/.sabnzbd folder is "hidden" to mover (i.e., the period in front of sabnzbd makes it a hidden folder).

Can anyone help?

Doing this by memory (I'm out of town this week).  On the Sabnzbd "User Folders" page, set the value for "Completed Download Folder" to "/mnt/user/Movies" to point to your Movies share.  Also, set the value for "Permissions for complete downloads" to "755".  After sabnzbd downloads the movie and completes its processing, the movie should end up in the Movies share (note: it may be in a sub-folder with the movie name, just can't remember for sure).

Kevin

Doing this by memory (I'm out of town this week).  On the Sabnzbd "User Folders" page, set the value for "Completed Download Folder" to "/mnt/user/Movies" to point to your Movies share.  Also, set the value for "Permissions for complete downloads" to "755".  After sabnzbd downloads the movie and completes its processing, the movie should end up in the Movies share (note: it may be in a sub-folder with the movie name, just can't remember for sure).

Kevin

Thanks for your reply Kevin. I'll try it shortly.

I do have another question.

Do I also have to change  /mnt/cache/.sabnzbd  to  /mnt/user/Movies under the 'Data Directory:' in the plugin settings (or in your case cause you're on 4.7) 'complete-dir:' OR just as you stated in the Sabnzbd - Completed Download Folder?

Do I also have to change  /mnt/cache/.sabnzbd  to  /mnt/user/Movies under the 'Data Directory:' in the plugin settings (or in your case cause you're on 4.7) 'complete-dir:' OR just as you stated in the Sabnzbd - Completed Download Folder?

No, that's the install and working folder and you want it to be different than the Movies share and also to have the . so it doesn't move. Well, you could get rid of the . and set-up a sabnzbd share that is cache drive only since you're on the new beta.

@ stchas,

Thanks for the walkthrough. It solved my issues of not having the mover script do it's thing. I've also added CouchPotato into the mix. I thought I was going to mess things up again but here's what I did: (this is more to help the newbies)

In Sabnzbd I kept the download folders as

/mnt/cache/.sabnzbd/Downloads/complete and /mnt/cache/.sabnzbd/Downloads/incomplete

In CouchPotato I did this:

Under "Renaming" I 'enabled' the option.

Under 'Download Folder' I directed it to the folder where Sabnzbd holds the completed downloaded files which is "/mnt/cache/.sabnzbd/Downloads/complete"

Under 'Movie Destination' I directed to the folder where I want the movies to go which is "/mnt/user/Movies"

I didn't know if the above would work but during the night the Mover Script did the moving to the array. I'm pretty happy and hope this helps anyone in a similar situation. Thanks.

using your method, your movies will only be moved by couchpotato instead of sabnzbd.  the mover script will not process your files, couchpotato will HAVE to move it.

I use categories - each category has a separate destination folder /mnt/user/TV, mnt/user/BD Movies etc, this way when sabnzbd gets done, the file it moved instantly and not waiting for another program to process it

sabnzbd will move them from /mnt/cache/.sabnzbd/Downloads/complete to whatever share you have setup

your way is doing double processing......

Myk

Nothing wrong with that way. CP will also rename the directory and file into something nicer than what you'd get otherwise and the metascraper apps will usually be able to pull the data based on this new name.

The mover doesn't care what program puts the files into the user share. As long as it gets there then the mover will move it.