Disk contents not showing up - and then 1.6gb log file?

So, just upgraded multiple drives in a 5 disc array to 3tb drives. Ran parity checks and spot checked the media between each step to make sure there were no issues. All added disk passed preclears. This finished a day or so ago and everything appeared to function ok.

Went to access the array just a short while ago and came across something weird - the array and the web page were accessible and didn't appear to throw any errors - Yet, part of the media on my share was oddly missing. Checked the page and 2 drives weren't spun up - spun them up and checked the individual disks and I couldn't see any files on either. Tried to telnet in and putty immediately crashed out before even pulling a prompt. 

Restarted the server and came back to seeing the end of a failed startup with smart statuses still on screen showing ok. Restarted again and the array came up fine, all media accessible like normal. Only thing that caught my eye was there was the flash drive showed 2.5gb free out of 4. Checked on it and there's a 1.6gb log file there - I've never seen anything like that, any ideas?  Running a parity check on it again, but now I'm concerned. And accessing a 1.6gb log file to look through is proving to be a little bit of a pain.