Hitachi 1TB HDS721010KLA330 and Abit AB9 Pro

Govnah

Did you "stop" the array and then go to the "Devices" page to assign the new drives to logical slots in your array?  Might be as simple as that.

If you are using the "free" version of unRAID, you will only be able to assign 3 drives on the devices page. Are you at your limit and need to register to add more logical slots to your array?

What version of unRAID are you using?  As already mentioned, the syslog will tell us what we need to know to help you further.

Joe L.

Figured out the issue. Went into the BIOS and changed the SATA setting from IDE to ACHI...whatever that is, I will have to read up on that and the drives showed up. Thanks for the input.

Further research:

AHCI is the acronym for the Advanced Host Controller Interface. It is a new interface specification that allows the SATA controller driver to support advanced features like Native Command Queuing and Hot Plug.

Makes sense to me :)

Picked up 3 of these drives for ~$100.00 and unfortunately they do not show up as devices in unRAID even though they show up in the BIOS just fine. Anyone have an idea or can point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Good to hear you fixed it...was this the best buy clearance?  I was able to find one but haven't been able to take it apart yet.

Yes it was and here is the URL to remove the HD from the enclosure:

http://www.johnle.com/guide/hitachi/

I was fortunate to pickup 5 and thinking about picking up 2 more. Great deal for sure. The drives run a little hot but for ~$120.00 you can't beat that.

Picked up 3 of these drives for ~$100.00 and unfortunately they do not show up as devices in unRAID even though they show up in the BIOS just fine. Anyone have an idea or can point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Good to hear you fixed it...was this the best buy clearance?  I was able to find one but haven't been able to take it apart yet.